Don't Do It

*Trigger warning* Very bad thoughts ahead. Loves!!

Sang

He hugged me. Why would he do that? I'm sitting here listening to everyone discuss how to avoid Volto becoming involved but I can't focus. All I can think about is Marc sitting there with me while I realized everything and then hugging me. Crawler has hugged me but I've "known" him for years. Why would someone I don't know hug me after I hurt people.

Owen has a red mark on his eye and Raven isn't moving his arm as smooth as normal. I can't believe I hurt them. I hate that I hurt them. I work so hard to save as many as possible. To make sure no one gets hurt and now. Now I've hurt people. I only ever hurt people to protect others. That's not what I just did.

Silence permeates the room as I just continue to stare at my red knuckles. Someone crouches next to me and a smooth hand wraps around my own. The pale fingers a shade lighter than my own are mesmerizing. Small, barely there calloused on the tips. These hands play an instrument. I can't look up but I need them to stop touching me.

I tug my arms back very lightly to get the hands to release me. It worked. The sound of a door closing in the distance is too much and I flinch away. The soft sounds of music fill the air. Slowly I lift my head to see an empty room again. Well, almost empty. Owen and Dr. Green are both still here. Dr. Green catches my eye as I look up. "We finished the meeting. Is there anything we can do for you?"

Turn back time? Prevent me from ever being born? My one hope was to help people but I didn't. I hurt them. I am the cause of someone's pain. Someone who didn't hurt anyone else. I can't help people. I can't do anything right. I deserve the pain. I deserve to feel shame. "I need to go home."

"Miss Sorenson I'm not sure that's a good idea."

"I need to go home."

"Miss Sang will you at least let me check your injuries from yesterday first?"

Was that really only yesterday? No, no that had to have been longer ago than a day. I guess he can look at them. I know I don't want to. Slowly nodding my head yes I look down at my hands again. These hands hurt people today. Getting angry isn't an excuse to hurt someone. Even if Marc is telling the truth and I warned them it doesn't matter. I shouldn't hurt people. Mrs. hurts people and I don't want to be like her.

"Open up for me Sang. I want to check your throat first." I do so without question. I don't know why this matters. All of my work is gone. If this Volto guy has the school information then everything I've tried to do is destroyed. "Now I need to see your wrists please." I hold out my hands.

The process of Dr. Green unwrapping my wrists and looking them over is fascinating. A small furrow forms in his brow while his happy green eyes flick over everything. He doesn't miss anything. He gently puts a cream on my wounds before rewrapping them. He puts some of the same over my knuckles. I think it's a numbing cream as I can no longer feel the heat from my wrists. "Ankles now."

Dr. Green repeats what he did with my wrists on my ankles. He looks at me hesitantly with a flicker of uncertainty. "I need to look at your back." I stiffen up slightly. I forgot he had to look there. I don't want anyone to see my back. I never want anyone to see my back. Everything she did to me is evident on my back.

"Okay." I slowly stand and turn around. I'll let them have a good look. As he lifts my shirt memories start to flood me. The pain of the knife. The smell of my burning skin. The barbs from the whip biting into me. Everything is too much. It's too much. My shirt falls down again. Quietly I turn back around to face them.

"Thank you Sang. Everything seems to be healing nicely. I would like to look closer at some of those scars because they don't seem to be healed well. I know that there are a few creams that could help." That isn't needed. I'm not sure I'll be around long enough for it to work. I shake my head lightly. Owen moves towards Dr. Green slowly.

I look at the red mark on his face and cringe. I did that to him. "I need to go home. I'm sorry I hurt people but if my work is destroyed I need to go home." Steel grey eyes soften slightly and seem to glow. Dr. Green meets my gaze with understanding. He shakes his head at me slowly.

"Miss Sorenson I assure you, you did not hurt me. Yes a few hits were landed but none were damaging." I don't believe him. He seems the type to downplay anything that could be seen as a weakness. I can see the mark from my fist on his face. He's going to have a black eye at the very least. Somehow he's right in front of me.

A hand wraps around my own. So his were the pale fingers from earlier. Those same pale fingers are pressing my chin up so my eyes meet his. A hard steel grey. Molten just around the pupil. Beautiful. "Miss Sorenson. I do not lie so I want to be very clear. I am not hurt. No one holds that reaction against you. Please do not do something everyone else will regret." He didn't say I would regret. Does he know?

He seems so sure. The soft fingers on my chin are grounding me to the here. I can't seem to pull my eyes away from his. A sliver of the same fear I always feel rests in his eyes. Has he felt the same? That doesn't make sense to me. He seems to be so perfect. In control. "Please, don't do it." I feel my head nod and I force my eyes to close. I will not cry again.

"I still need to go home. Mrs. will be looking for me."