Another Way?

UGHHHHHHHHH I hope this chapter is good because just ugh. Sometimes character decide to do something I don't like but if I try and change it then shit goes wrong so this chapter was not run by me. I wrote it but this was NOT decided by me. Dumb brain characters. Loves!!

Sang

Fucking idiots. This whole school is full of fucking idiots. As I leave Eric in the hall I can't help thinking over everything that's gone on. New people move in on my territory and almost fuck it up, Crawler comes back to life. Crawler's brother warns me away from him. And now, the fucking cherry on top of this shit sundae, Wil wants to back out. Claims he doesn't want to run everything I've built up. Well guess what buddy, I don't care! I want out and I have spent too much energy on you for you to flake now.

Swinging myself up into the tree in the quad before the lunch bell rings I work on tampering my boiling anger. I may have gone a little too far with everyone today but I seriously don't give a singular fuck. Breezing through my homework I watch everyone interact with each other. One group draws my eye more frequently than any other.

The exchange kids. I've done a bit more digging into this Academy that I found out about and if it's as great as everything I'm finding I can't help but wonder why the fucking hell these people are here. If I could get away with it I wouldn't ever come within ten miles of the place.

At the beginning of lunch one of them came rushing out and spoke extremely fast about something before logging back into his computer. His fingers moved faster than his mouth had previously moved. It was slightly impressive. I was watching him work and racking my brain for his name when it hit me.

Victor Morgan. Piano prodigy of the infidelious George Morgan. I would bet he isn't the world's best dad by any means based on everything I've read. On top of that, I've watched the videos of Victor playing. When he was younger there was a light in his eyes that isn't present in recent videos. While his fingers are flying over the keyboard I see that light though. His eyes seem alive with something I can't place. I really want to get a closer look.

When a group of students pass under my tree I leap down and slowly make my way closer to the group. I catch snippets of the conversation the closer I get but not all of it makes sense. "-information on the administration but is missing from every database I can find. She has a connection to the Henshaws from before they joined. She hacks my systems. I. Want. To. Meet. Her."

Shit! Is he talking about me? I slip behind some students so I can keep listening. Gabriel pipes up before anyone else. "Vic, we get it. You're head over heels for her hacker brain but you know what Mr. B said. 'Blah Blah watch from a distance Blah Blah'" His words set off one of the other boys.

Long blonde hair and model-like features with dark brown eyes. I can easily see this one being trouble. The elven face doesn't help the mischievous look in his eyes at all. With a sigh blondie pipes up. Lucian! That's his name.

"I do wish I knew how she kept disappearing though. Whatever her hiding spots are could come in handy." A series of nods goes around the group. Well, as charming as this is I've heard enough. Making my way closer to the group I watch all of them.

Just as I'm stepping up beside Victor, Kota sees me. I place a finger to my lips and don't move for a second. Once he turns slightly I speak. "It's not nice to gossip. I thought you all were here to set an example, not have one set for you." Most of them jump when I speak. Boys, boys, boys. You should really pay better attention to your surroundings.

Tall, dark and scary over there looks like he wants to punch someone, namely me, before he settles down slightly. Going through my mental list I remember his name being North. "What the fuck?" Ooh so scared. Mr. Scary over here growls. Puh-lease. With an eye roll I look pointedly at him.

I glance down at Victor. He did say he wanted to meet me. "Your systems hm? I would check over the server you're using. The problem isn't usually the code, it's the machine." With a smirk I shrug and continue. "Though I could probably still get in, it would just take more time. Feel free to upgrade. I love a challenge." There's the light I saw.

His amber brown eyes bring the saying "fire eyes" to life. Kind of breath taking really. Shaking myself away from the captivating warmth of his eyes I address the whole group. "And so you know, I didn't have a connection with the Henshaws, I had a friend I had never met and when we were finally in the same location it was thought best I keep my space." Glancing over all of them I lock eyes with a set of serious blue eyes.

The redhead who hasn't moved or spoken since I came up to the group. Nathan Griffin. Lives down the street from me and could definitely pass for a bodybuilder with the insane amount of muscles bulging from his arms. I direct my next words at him. He seems of the more protective type than some of the others.

"I've told all of you that I've met to stay away. I've warned you all to leave. I've tried protecting all of you but I can't promise anything. Just do as I say and leave. Some people don't want you here and are trying to get you out. If things reach a certain point people will have to choose sides and you don't want that to happen. Your Academy may have connections but they aren't the only ones. Leave. And take as many as you can with you. I can get you a list of those who need out but you need to stay away from me."

Without waiting for a response I walk away. Before I reach the corner of the building I hear a small scuff. No one walks that quiet unless they're trying to. I quickly duck into a cut out before jerking my hand out and grabbing the shirt of the person following me. Lucian.

"Damn. How did you hear me?" I quickly release his shirt and push him back. Nodding to his shoes I don't say anything. He stares at me and blinks slowly. "My name is Luke, I'm sure you know but I like to think I'm slightly polite at least." Lucian-Luke, sends me a flirty smile. Cocky.

When I don't say anything his smile slowly falls. He looks around and runs his hand through his hair. "Okay, look can I get that list you mentioned? I won't say we'll leave but we CAN help those who need it." Blowing out a heavy breath I nod my head.

"Fine. I'll get it to one of your group today." When I turn to leave again he grabs my arm. I'm not expecting it and as such react badly. When I flip him around and his face is pressed into the wall I realize what I did. Backing away quickly I mumble apologies. I don't wait for him to say anything, I just take off. I don't like being touched.

By the time the bell for the next class rings I've worked myself down from an edging panic. Once I make it to class I quickly start scrawling names down. This might work. If I can get the good ones out then I can leave even if Wil won't step up. I spend all of class adding names to the list. I want to go over my files and make sure I have everything right before handing over the list.

Instead of going to my next class I hide out in one of the empty halls. My computer open and files laying next to me I skim through everything. I think I have everyone I can say is innocent listed by the time the bell to head to last period rings.

Scooping up everything I slowly make my way towards coding. This week is my last week in this class. I really did love it but I can't see Crawler- I mean Corey everyday and maintain control. If I have to see him everyday I will break and I can't break. I don't have the time to break. I need to help people and then disappear.

When I enter the class I cautiously look around. I really don't want Crawler- fuck!- Corey, to be here today. At the front of the class is Owen. A small piece of my heart aches when it realizes I won't see Corey but every other part is relieved. Making eye contact with him I place the list on the desk in front of him. "As promised." I don't stay for class. I leave and don't turn back. Today's a good day to walk home.