Cupcakes

Here's a bit of lightness to counteract all of the deep shit from the last few chapters. Side note: How many of you actually read these announcements at the top? LOL Let me know what you guys think and I hope you enjoy. Loves!!

Sang

On the way to meet everyone else Luke kept making me laugh. He kept pointing to different things or making faces at the animals that we passed. I really needed the laughs today. He didn't make me talk or ask me why I was freaking out. All he did was make me laugh. It was an amazing feeling.

I know I probably shouldn't have gone with but I couldn't tell him no. With his big brown puppy-like eyes staring at me a small corner of my heart melted. My mind kept flashing back to when I ran from everyone and Luke covered for me. I don't know why he did or how he knew. Just like today, it didn't make sense but I trusted him just a little. Not completely but I knew he wouldn't try to hurt me.

I knew none of them would, on the Blackbourne team at least. I've watched them enough over the last couple years to know they don't hurt people. Still doesn't make me trust them. Luke hasn't lied or hid things from me, granted I've never really talked to him but still. He has a chance right now. I hope he doesn't disappoint.

When we pull up to a gigantic house I'm a little dumbstruck. Who needs this much space? Four stories and surrounded by a wall. A smaller two story house sits close to it within the wall. Again I ask, who needs this much space? Luke glances over at me and chuckles lightly. His laugh is deep and happy. I really like the sound of it.

"Yeah, this is Victor's place. If you think this is too much just wait until you see the inside." My eyes widen slightly and I choke on my next breath. It gets worse? What happens if I break something? I mean, I knew the dude was rich but this is- this is too much. Luke's eyes twinkle happily at my reaction.

A knock sounds on Luke's window and Gabriel pops into view. "Come on! Everyone's waiting." Luke sticks his tongue out at Gabriel when Gabriel turns around. Luke's eyes soften just slightly when he looks towards his friend. I wonder... Before I think too long on that Luke and I head inside. He whistles softly while I trail behind. At one point Gabriel pops back beside Luke.

They look to each other and share a grin. I'm not sure I like the looks of that. "I believe I promised someone chocolate Gabe." Luke shoots a wink my way. "Do you think by chance Vic has some in his massive kitchen?" Humour plays across both of their eyes.

Gabriel turns to me and his eyes light up even more making the crystal blue shine brightly. The color sears my soul and I know nothing will look quite as bright as his eyes do now. "Why yes, yes I do believe his huge ass kitchen has your damn chocolate. Shall we?" Luke swings his arm around Gabriel's shoulder and starts marching down one hall.

"We shall!"

I feel a grin lodge itself on my face as they march awkwardly down the hall with their arms around each other's shoulders. Cute. When we finally make it to the kitchen I'm awestruck again. Now I see why they kept saying huge. It really is. I feel even smaller than normal here. It's a little unsettling.

Luke takes an exaggerated breath through his nose and makes a happy noise. "Chocolate here I cooommmeee." His voice holds a sing-song quality while he starts digging through a cupboard. Gabriel laughs and comes to stand next to me. His eyes never leave Luke.

"Luke loves chocolate, probably more than anything else, even his brother." Luke just shrugs at the accusation but smirks over his shoulder. Gabriel laughs lightly at the smirk. I study Gabriel out of the corner of my eye. I don't know him except from watching and the one run in with Greg. He seems decent but I'm not sure.

The scent of vanilla washes over me as Luke dashes over to us. He's holding one chocolate and one vanilla cupcake in his left hand and one chocolate cupcake in his right. With a deep bow he hands me the one in his right hand. "For you m'lady." A giggle escapes me at his antics. Luke is fun that's for sure. After I take my cupcake Gabriel takes the vanilla one.

Luke's eyes light up as he bites into his own cupcake with a moan. I eye the cupcake quietly. I haven't had cupcakes in years, I'm not sure if it'll be too much. Finally deciding just to say fuck it I take a bite. A moan of my own escapes. Oh, oh that's good. The frosting isn't too much and the cake isn't dry. I've finished the cupcake in only a minute. Still slower than the guys but much faster than I usually eat.

"So I take it you liked it?" A cautious look is in Luke's eyes. I don't like it. He's so open and readable that that small little caution rings through. Nodding my head furiously I watch the caution leave his eyes as they light up again. Luke just stares at me for a moment. Do I have frosting on my face? I lick my lips to make sure none is there before touching my fingers to my mouth. I didn't feel any.

Gabriel flicks his gaze between us before shaking his head. "We should head up. This one's a fucking mess." Luke lets out a small laugh as I trail behind them. Luke has a skip to his step that wasn't there before and Gabriel's shoulders are a bit more tense. I wonder what that's about.

"What isn't anymore?" He's got a point. Everything is a mess, most because of me. We have to walk up three flights of stairs to reach our destination. Before we walk into the room I pause. Luke looks back to me with concern clear in his eyes. Breathe Sang. It'll be okay. Luke walks over to me slowly.

"They won't say anything. If they do I'll throw one of North's fruit cakes at their heads. Those things are as hard as a rock and taste about as good as broccoli. Yuck!" This makes me smile a little and Luke's eyes flash brightly again. His own smile is blinding. Gabriel looks between the two of us again as something flashes through his eyes. He shoots me a sad grin and we all go into the room. Time to figure out why I'm here.