Digging

I'm sorry!!!!!! I love you all! Everything as been well it's been. Enjoy please! Loves!!

Sang

When the bus stops on our street I quickly make my way inside. No matter what I have to make it to the diner down the road tonight. I have to leave a message for Crawler. I don't know if I'll see him today but I can leave him a message so he knows that I know where he is. No matter what Mrs. decides to do today I have to make it there before 8pm.

I quietly slip upstairs to put my bag and shoes away before going down to deal with Mrs. It's always easier if I don't have to worry about finding anything after a punishment. Making my way downstairs I'm sure to make no noise. If I'm lucky she'll be asleep and nothing will happen today.

Unfortunately Mrs. is awake and standing in the kitchen. I slowly make my way to the cupboard so I can pretend I'm just getting a glass of water. I feel her beady brown eyes on me the entire time and fight the urge to shiver. After the blowout with the exchange people today I don't have the energy for anything.

As I'm filling the glass in the sink I cautiously look over my shoulder. Mrs. has a yogurt in her hands and is just staring at me. After taking a sip from my water I risk speaking. I have a fifty-fifty shot of doing things right here. I just never know which one is right this time.

"Would you like me to make you dinner Mrs.?" Keeping my voice quiet and meek is easy after today. If you ask anyone at school I'm a force to be reckoned with but I don't want to be. I want to just live my life and survive until I can escape. I don't want to fight but I do what I have to. I'm not sure I even know what my true self is.

I know I made the right choice in speaking this time because I'm not hit right away. She stares at me and shakes her head. The matted limp ponytail swings back and forth. "I don't want anything your whore hands touch. Go to your room and I better not hear anything out of you for the rest of tonight!" With this she spins around and goes back into her room. I let out a silent sigh. After washing the glass I used I head back upstairs to grab my bag and hide out in my tree.

At one point I was able to sneak a knife with me up here and I carved my name into the tree. I figure that if Mrs. kills me one day then there will at least be some mark on the world from me. I know that no one else would notice but this tree would. This tree has seen me through everything.

It may sound foolish but I named the tree. I figure that if he can be there for me through everything then he deserves a name. Ollie is my best friend and I don't care if he can't talk; he still supports me. Ollie is where I run when I can and the only one on the whole Earth to know every single secret of mine.

Leaning back against Ollie I start to talk about everything that happened today. I talk about how I'm leaving a message for and possibly seeing Crawler tonight. I talk about how I still don't know Suit's name. I talk about how angry I got at a simple statement. I talk about how I wish Ollie was a person who could respond.

With a sigh I have an idea. I don't know why I haven't thought about it before now but I can get into the school system and figure out all of their names. Quickly typing I'm able to bypass the schools crappy security. I run into a slight snag because the exchange people had their own security in place also but it's not too difficult to navigate.

Logging into Mr. Hendricks account I have access to many things I probably shouldn't. I copy over everything that's changed since a few weeks ago. When I tell people I have information on everyone I do mean EVERYONE. The principal and vice principal are some of the worst. What I have on them could get them locked up for life but I can't release it yet. I need to keep it secret until I leave so that Hendricks can't try to use me again.