I Need To Know

I wanted to update a couple of my other stories first but this chapter was just itching to be written. I hope you guys like it. Loves!!

Sang

I'm prying the small circular wired device from Nathan's phone when the bell for next period rings. Crawler looks at me and back to the door. "Go to 14B. I'll send a message to the rest of your teachers. This is important." I nod my head quickly dropping the device into my bag and leaving the room. I guess being childhood friends with a "teacher" has perks. Who knew?

When I get to the office I pause. This is my first time back here alone and this early in the day. Raising my fist I hesitate before knocking. Dr. Green answers with a yawn. I bet he was napping. He definitely looks like he could use the sleep. "Sang?" I push past him and pull out the device. 'Can I use a computer?' I sign to him without any preamble.

"Er, I guess?" He points to his own laptop sitting closed on top of one of the two desks. With a nod in thanks I grab it and sit on the floor in one corner. I'll be able to spread everything out around me easier this way. Before I hack my way in, Dr. Green gives me his passcode. "Unicorns8mypi"

When I look at him strangely he just laughs. "I like it! Plus you probably would have destroyed Vic's firewalls if I didn't just give you the password." I shrug in acceptance because he's right. I wouldn't have had to destroy them but it would be faster to handle things that way than try and be discreet. After typing in the strange man's password I hook up Nathan's phone. Searching through it I find a lot.

I don't have the time to go through everything and I'm only really looking to see if Wil put anything on his phone but I want to. The amount of times the Academy is referenced is insane! Plus there's some sort of code that I really want to break.

Dr. Green can't see what I'm doing so I quickly log into my server to save all of this for later. Should I? No. Do I care? Slightly. Whatever. They wouldn't be hiding it if it was good. Right? After I have everything backed up on my server I exit and erase the door I used. No chance am I leaving that open. Not with Crawler and Victor around here. I have too much information on there.

Yes, I am trying to hide it. I am aware that what I do isn't really 'good'. I never claimed it was. I've only said it is the best I can manage in my circumstances. The things I do aren't necessarily legal and would be best if they stayed hidden to the general public. Or really anyone. No one needs to know.

Crawler comes in a few minutes later as I'm sifting through the various listening programs on Nathan's phone. Two look to be recent. One routes copies of text messages to somewhere else the other phone calls. I'm trying to trace them when Crawler sits down next to me. "Need help?" I shrug in response. Do I need it? No. Would I tell him no if offered? Also no.

Crawler picks up the phone and starts fiddling around with it. Probably checking to see what I already did. Dr. Green finally has enough of this. "So is anyone going to tell me what's going on?" Crawler motions to me and I just shrug. I'm a little busy right now. Potentially saving his and Nathan's ass. I'll explain later. Probably. Maybe. Eh, we'll see what I find.

Crawler rolls his eyes at me and fills in Dr. Green with the little he knows. "Wait, does Nathan know you have his phone? Or that it's even missing?" I inwardly cringe and shake my head no. I have a feeling if he knew his phone was missing Dr. Green would have known. And he REALLY doesn't know I have it. Dr. Green lets out a large sigh before pulling out his own phone.

"Owen I need you to send Nathan to our office." After a few seconds he starts talking again. "He doesn't have his phone." More time passes as I keep trying to trace these downloads. Dr. Green hangs up after only a few more sentences and Crawler just quietly watches. I'm starting to get frustrated with the computer so I set it aside for a moment.

While the tracer program attempts to run I grab the phone in question. When I try to pry the back off Crawler hands me a super slim screwdriver. This is what I needed! With a smile his way I start to pull the phone apart while leaving the wiring intact. Nothing looks out of place or tampered with so that brings me back to the device I pulled out earlier.

As I'm putting the phone back together Nathan, Victor and Owen enter the office. With so many people it's getting a little crowded. Nathan and Victor both look at me in alarm. "Why do you have Nathan's phone princess?" The nickname has my head springing up. Did he just call me princess? What?

Victor blushes a bright red and I feel my own cheeks heat in response. With a harsh swallow I attempt my voice. If I don't tell them something they'll keep interrupting me while I work. My voice comes out rough and just above a whisper but it works nonetheless. "I relocated after someone else stole it."

Nathan and Victor blink at me in response while Owen shows nothing. Dr. Green just sighs before taking a seat with his head in his hands. He mumbles something to himself before everyone else looks to me. "I watched someone steal it from you right before lunch when you left the bathroom. I followed them and watched them do something to it. When I slipped away and watched them from the cameras I went and retrieved it. Now I'm trying to figure out exactly what they did and why."

I grab the device I pulled from the phone and start to take it apart. Victor quickly stops me but not fast enough. Is this a listening device? Is that a recorder? "That's not new. That part is fine." Why do they have recording and listening devices implanted in their phones? I hesitantly look at Victor. He seems a little worried and I see a flash of the same worry crossing Owen's face. Why are they worried?

Crawler grabs the device and phone from me with soft hands. I don't want to look suspicious so I just hand them over. I really need to go through that information now. I want to know why they look worried and what they're hiding. The computer dings to let me know that it's done. With a glance down my frustration rises. Why can't it find where everything is being sent?

I jot down all of the information I'll need later and log everything off. I'll look later on my laptop. The tracer program is better and has a few... enhancements in place. Like I said, I don't exactly work in the legal realm of possibilities. Not everything can be found that way. Some things require a specific touch.

I zip up my bag just as the bell rings for the next class. Without a word to anyone I leave. I need to know what everyone is hiding. Nothing seems to be okay right now. I hear the guys start to talk once I leave but I don't stop. I also have to deal with normal school idiots today