For Now

Enjoy! Loves!!

Corey

I have to wait until after school to go see Sang and I'm freaking out. What happened? Why was Brandon so freaked out? Is she okay? Is she safe? I know the answer to one of those is no, the question is which one. I move through the rest of the day in a daze until the final bell rings.

I practically sprint out to my car and drive in a way that would make my crazy Russian proud. He believes that traffic laws are merely suggestions and doesn't care to listen to anyone who says otherwise. Let's just say I usually drive to our dates.

I pull into Kota's drive in record time and burst into the house. Owen, Sean, Marc and Brandon are all sitting around with the television on but not really watching. "Where is she?" My voice is a little breathless and a lot panicked as I don't see her anywhere in the room. Just as I'm about to go into full freakout mode she comes waltzing out of the bathroom.

Hold up. I look around the room again and see my brother is currently shirtless and Sang is wearing his shirt and a pair of pants that pool around her ankles. Why is Brandon shirtless and, more importantly, why is Sang in his clothes? Brandon stands and heads out to my car. Probably to grab one of the spare shirts I keep there.

Sang is just walking over to the couch when I swoop in and wrap my arms around her. She tenses for a moment before relaxing into me. Turning around she gently wraps her arms around me. My face is buried into her hair, surrounding me in her scent. My arm brushes against hers and I freeze. I pull back and look closely.

My eyes fly to Sean and he just looks at Sang. When she nods he looks back at me with a deep sorrow in his eyes. "Corey, you might want to sit down." Nope, nada, no way. That's his serious doctor voice. NOPE! I just need a couple more seconds to pretend she's okay. A hand lays down on my back and I know it's Brandon.

"You need to sit down Cor."

I gently pull Sang with me so we're sitting on the couch. I don't let go of her hand as Brandon sits down beside her. Owen is standing behind Sean who's sitting in an armchair. Marc mysteriously disappeared and no one else is here yet. What's going on?

Sean launches into a story about many injuries. He doesn't give many details except about her throat. It's burned and scarred beyond belief. My eyes are burning when Brandon starts to tell me how him and Marc found her. He won't look up from his lap until Sang curls her tiny hand around his.

The tension in his shoulders ease quickly while Sang prys his hands open and laces hers through his. She gives my hand a quick squeeze before pulling away from both of us. Moving her hands in the air she's making eye contact with Sean. "NO! You are NOT going back there." She motions some more and Sean continues to protest.

With a final sharp motion she goes to stand. I leap up and wrap my hand around hers. "Please Hacker, just stay with someone for one night. We can figure something out after that but just give me one night to know you're safe. Please." As she's shaking her head no I lead her into the kitchen. Brandon follows me.

As soon as we're out of direct earshot he wraps her in a hug. "Please. Just one night. Come stay at our place or anywhere but there. Just give me one night. I'm not going to be able to sleep if you don't." I can see her resolve softening so I wrap my own arms around her as well. We've effectively created a Sang sandwich.

She lets out a soft giggle and I'm pretty sure she just had the same thought. "Hacker please?" With a deep sigh she nods her head. Brandon and I both release her when she starts to wiggle. Holding up one finger she glares pointedly at us. One night. I can work with that for now. I can work with one night for the moment.

We all go back into the living room and Sang tells Sean the good news. He looks supremely relieved. It's not long before the rest of the Blackbourne team arrives. No one gives the full story again but I'm betting they'll figure it out soon. We all just hang around for an hour or so before Brandon, Marc, Sang and I head out.

Sean gives Sang a hug and whispers something in her ear that she nods to. Before Marc gets into the car, he and Brandon came over in Sang wraps him in a hug as well. She makes a few motions with her hands and his face melts slightly. He nods his head gently before taking off on his own.

When the three of us get home Sang is starting to drag a little. Brandon orders pizza while I show Sang around. She has a pen and notepad in hand so that she doesn't have to speak. I told her to take my room for the night because I'd be up working late but she didn't want to hear it. I'll fight this a little later when she's eaten some dinner. No point in arguing until then.

When the pizza finally gets here Sang is typing away on a laptop Marc grabbed from her house. Apparently while everyone was filling me in he had slipped back over to her house and grabbed a bag of clothes and her school bag. The boy is smart, I'll give him that. Everyone has changed into pajamas already and a movie is playing while we all munch away.

Surprisingly no one has come over to bother us and Raven hasn't come over either. Sang is nodding off on the couch while I work on a project online. Just as I'm about to go place her in my bed Brandon beats me to her. "I'll be out here all night. She can have my room." A small amount of pain flashes across his face before he nods and takes her into my room.

It's a while before he comes back out and even longer for me to stop overthinking it. I have a boyfriend. I have a boyfriend who I love deeply. If Brandon is finally moving on from She-beast I need to let him. I need to be happy for him. I lightly tap my forehead to the desk. Yeah this is going to be a long night.