Glasses

Oh My Gosh!!!! I love you guys I really do. All of the comments on the last chapters made my freaking day! Now if I can just get my English homework out of the way so I can keep writing lol. Loves!!

Sang

I follow Kota into his garage where he leaves Max. He starts up the stairs into what I assume is his room. I'm not sure if he wants me to follow him but I do. Once we reach his room and the lights are on I get a better look up close at him.

His skin is slightly darker than mine and his hair is a mess right now. I won't lie, I'm a little stunned by his appearance. He's much more handsome up close than from a distance, his high cheekbones are only accentuated by his sleek black frames. That's not even mentioning his eyes. In the dark of the woods they were amazing but now they're dazzling. I can easily get lost in them.

"-at's wrong? How can I help? I know you said not to call anyone but my friend is a doctor if you'd like." I snap back to reality blushing at how out of it I was. When his words finally register in my pain ridden brain I start to gently shake my head. Clearing my throat I say as firmly as I can.

"I just need to stay away from my house for a night then it's fine. I came back here to make you feel better but really I'll be ok." Kota stares at me for a moment. I feel like he's trying to get a read on what's actually going on but my blank face isn't giving him much. Looking me up and down one more time he slightly coughs and shakes his head.

"Well how about this, I'll give you something a little more comfortable than jeans to wear and while you're changing I'll go make some hot chocolate. If you're gone by the time I get back then so be it. If not we can talk for a bit." I nod my head alright as he hands me some sweats from his closet. "Those'll be a bit too big but you can tie them with the string." I nod my head again. I can feel the confusion on my face. Why is he being so kind?

Right before Kota gets to the stairs he turns around and looks at me again. With a smile that lights up his face he says "I can make a good friend if you want." then goes down stairs. I stare after him in a daze for a few seconds before going to the attached bathroom and changing pants.

Stuffing my jeans into my bag I make my way back into his room and take a look around. His desk, dresser and bed sit against the walls leaving the middle of the room free. In one corner I see a few large bean bag type chairs and right at the end of his bed is a window seat. Contemplating what to do I pace back and forth for a minute.

It's not like I have to tell him much. I can just say I wanted a night away. There we go. That sounds good. Deciding to stay for the cocoa I sit with my sock covered feet in the window seat, knees pulled up to my chest. I act all big and bad at school but I hate new situations. I hate not knowing and tonight, tonight I was scared.

I turn my head when I hear someone on the stairs. I assume it's Kota but still. With my feet the way they are I can easily jump up and run. I see his messy hair poke through the door and relax slightly. He may not know me but I kind of know him so I know he won't hurt me. This calming thought allows my pulse to reach normal levels again.

"So, you decided to stay then? I hope you like marshmallows." The smile on his face is infectious and I find myself grinning softly while nodding. Kota hands me one of the mugs and sits turned inwards towards me. "Sang, why were you out so late at night in the woods?"

Let the games begin folks. May the odds be ever in your favor as they're never in mine. Taking a sip of the cocoa I think over what I want to say. He's a good guy. He's nice but there are things he REALLY doesn't need to know. "Well," I start cautiously "I was sick of being inside and it seemed like the best place to go." There. That didn't sound too bad.

I know he doesn't fully believe me by the look on his face but does he really expect me to spill everything to someone he believes is a stranger? After swallowing his drink he asks "Ok I get that but why did-does it seem like you're hurt. You had troubles getting up and you're limping." I stare into his eyes for a moment before blushing deeply and jerking away.

"It's nothing really. I'm just really clumsy and that's not exactly something you want people who don't know you to know." I look at him and plead in my head for him to drop it. For some reason it just feels wrong to lie to him. I'm very good at lying but I instantly feel guilty with Kota.

He must have got the message because he starts to ask what school I go to and my grade. With a small smile I answer all of his questions asking the same in return as if I don't know the answer. Before I know it my drink is gone. I look over at his clock and realize that it's close to one in the morning. When Kota catches where I was looking his eyes widen a fraction and he chuckles. "Well I guess it's pretty late." He looks at me hesitantly, "If-if you want you can stay here. I know you said you didn't want to be inside your place and I have a pull out bed here if you want." The small glimmer of hope in his eyes tears me up inside. I can't risk it.

Looking at him I can feel my resolve weakening and I shake my head quickly. "No, no it's alright. I should probably head home. I was just being dramatic earlier so there's no reason for me not to go back." I can't meet his eyes as I'm talking. I lean down to pick up my back and stifle the groan I want to make. "Thank you Kota. It was nice to talk to you." He looks at me intensely.

When I reach his door I hear him sigh softly, "You too Sang. If you ever need anything you know where I am. Maybe I'll see you at school?" Looking over my shoulder I give a soft grin and shrug, "Maybe." then I'm gone.

I quietly make my way back to the tree I use to climb and hop between branches until I reach my tree. I can't help myself and look over at Kota's house. He's standing in the window looking down at where I disappeared in the tree line. I can't risk being seen so I make myself comfortable in my tree. After a few minutes I realize he's not going to bed anytime soon so I pull out my laptop. Might as well see if Crawler opened my email.