Taking Care

A few days later

LUIS

It had been a few days and I hadn't seen nor heard from Tiana. A part of me hoped that she wasn't pushing herself away from me given the last time we spoke. And I had been fighting with myself to not pick up the phone and call her in an attempt to appear indifferent. But truth was I missed her.

Sitting here in my home in the silence only made it worse. Aggravating the wishes I had to the forces amongst us that somehow she could appear out of thin air and bless me with her drawl and eye rolls.

My attempts to focus were all futile and in a few hours I planned to meet with my publicist for the book.

Enough time to wipe away all thoughts of her at least until the meeting was over-

When I heard my phone ring, my heart almost leapt out of my chest in anticipation that maybe that was her on the other end. But alas, it was only Rita such that I answered the phone bothered.

"Well don't you sound happy to see me," she chuckled.

"Sorry," I mumbled sheepishly," I . . . thought you were someone else."

Despite the background noise I heard her giggle and knew I had literally placed myself in a position to be taunted by her.

"You've been curled up in bed dreaming about your future babies, huh?"

I could feel the heat rush on my face.

I had done a lot of daydreaming about us making the babies if one had to be more accurate

And when I remained silent she giggled again.

I swear she's a teenager trapped in a grown woman's body.

"Did you call just to fuck with me?" I asked taking a seat to ease the swirling emotions trying to wreak havoc on my body. Now that the images of her completely naked had my mind ready to draw up scenarios I didn't need whilst still on the phone.

"I'm lonely, Lu," she whined," Tiana called in sick today so forgive me for wanting some entertainment from somewhere."

That had me growing tense and worried immediately.

"Is she okay?" I quickly asked growing nervous the longer I went without having the millions of questions I had answered.

"Whoa, relax," she replied once she caught the panic in my tone," she told me it's just a minor stomach issue and that she'll be back tomorrow. So theres nothing to worry about, okay?"

I appreciated her reassurance but my mind was too far gone. Knowing that the only way I could breathe easily was for me to see for myself that she was fine. I agreed with her by muttering a simple 'okay' but once the call ended I moved around the house. I rummaged through the medicine cabinet for anything to assist her. After calling Gerald to reschedule the meeting, in no time- armed with an assortment of random medications I drove to her apartment.

On the way there I fought an internal battle with my foot to overcome the provocative appeal that came with just stepping on the gas in order to get to her sooner.

***

After knocking on the door for what felt like ages, the door swung open revealing hostile brown eyes that matched the hard scowl on her lips. My eyes swept over her, taking note of the loose sweatpants she wore and the large shirt that reached her knees, whilst her curly hair was piled on top of her head.

Even in the baggiest clothes she looked appealing, exuding an air of sensuality that worked well with her soft features.

"What do you want?" she snapped forcing me out of my silent appraisal of her.