Resurfacing Demons

TIANA

I began an arduous journey painted in only destruction that manifested from my pain. A pain that held enough strength to knock down the walls I had built from my formative years that made me see only dark, melancholic clouds. And so I had convinced myself to wear the same exact material as that of my 'enemies' in order to protect myself from ever feeling weak.

Only to lose my identity. Only to lose the simple ability to not judge others off of what others did.

Even if I had tried it was hard to ignore how much of a coincidence it was that after all this time the nightmare that haunted me for years drastically changed its tune. And how Tim appeared before me to say the exact same words my mother said whilst at the same time pushing me towards forgiveness.

I couldn't really place a word for how I felt after that night. But all I will say was that there was clarity. Clarity that would set me on a path to view the world through a different lens and with each step I took, the lighter I felt.

And I came to terms of accepting just where I stood with everything. I knew it was time to remove the hate I had garnered when it came to people who have shown no ill-treatment towards me.

Though it had been long since i had spoken to anyone, I was thankful Rita had been somewhat understanding and maybe I was reading too much into it but there was a glint in her eye as I explained the reason behind my absence. I was tempted to ask her how her brother was doing but I knew I had to see him myself. Get all thoughts I had sitting on top of me off my chest in order to move forward and honour the fact I needed him.

The grey-eyed man had bombarded my life, shattering all I thought I knew and made me believe in the beauty that came with affection.

Heading back home, mind moving at a fast pace at the words I should say to him. My heart skipped a beat at the way the voice in my head kept repeating his name.

Entering into the apartment I wondered whether or not to just pick up the phone and call him.

Moving further into the living room I groaned out in relief as I took off my heels soaking in the comfort that came with finally being home. When I walked into the kitchen wondering if I should make a snack, the sound I heard made me freeze in my tracks.

"You're even more beautiful in this light," a deep voice mumbled from behind me making the very hairs on the back of my neck rise making my blood run cold. Jumping in fright I turned around quickly in search of the unknown voice only to have my eyes land on the intruder leaning against the wall wearing an unsettling grin.

"W-Who the hell are you?! And how the hell-"

"Calm down, Tiana," he chuckled darkly pushing himself off the wall to move closer towards me. I felt uneasy and my eyes quickly moved around the room in the hopes of finding a weapon as the alarm bells inside my head rang profusely to alert the rest of my body in its need to shift into fight mode.

"You know my name?"

He nodded his head taking a step forward," I know a lot of things about you."

"GET OUT!" I screamed, but he seemed amused going so far as to stalk menacingly towards me. It didn't take even a second for me to start bolting for the door only to have hands yank me back to roughly land against his frame.

No!

No!

No!

"LET ME GO!" a hand quickly clamped down on my mouth muffling my screams as a cynical laugh rumbled off his body.

"This is no way to treat your guests; I have half a mind to just kill you now."

I let out another anguished scream muffled by his gloved hand at the mention of death. Tears fell down my cheek as a result of fear, shaking like a leaf at the knowledge there's a possibility this could be the end for me.

He turned me around pushing my body against the wall keeping his gloved hand over my mouth whilst locking my body into place causing my legs to have no room to kick.

Or run.

And I'm met once again with a face void of any emotion. The scar that ran down his neck made his appearance all the more threatening yet elicited a twinge of belief amongst the confusion that I must have seen him before.

But where?!

"As much as I'd love to take your life," his smile widened, eyes burning with unhinged pleasure," having Luis suffer is a lot more pleasing."

Wait!

WHAT!

Before I could delve deeper into how someone like him happened to be linked to Luis, if it weren't for his other hand knocking me out, bathing me in darkness. . .

Bathing me in it to deal with millions of unanswered questions as to why this was happening to me?

And what kind of horror awaited me?