Blood Collision

TIANA

After he tied me up in a chair, heart hammering painfully in my chest at what was to come, the tears remained at bay hoping that the outcome my fearful mind had envisioned wouldn't come to fruition.

I'm scared.

Terrified.

Nervous.

Cain hid in the shadows provided by the dark room when I heard Luis' footsteps nearing us. A small ripple of hope deep within the pools, in which hope laid, awoke knowing he was really here. When his face appeared, the moment his eyes landed on me the relief in them would have made me cry then and there but knowing the demon presently watching us, I tried signalling to him to look behind him.

However, he lunged forward to envelop me in his arms filling my senses with his scent calming me a bit as he proceeded to quickly untie me," Thank God, I found you- there's so much-"

LOOK BEHIND YOU!

The words came out muffled and unfortunately when he managed to remove the duct tape on my mouth Cain was already behind him with a sinister smile.

"LOOK OUT!"

Luis' eyes widened before he swiftly turned around frantically only to be hit by Cain, his head whipping to the side fast as he stumbled back and a scream involuntarily ripped out of me seeing him get tackled to the ground. Both men moved around the floor, Luis managed to gain his bearing such that he threw a punch hitting Cain in his jaw momentarily slowing his blows down to give him the chance to push Cain on the ground and have him on top.

Moving my hands out of the rope, Luis managed to loosen enough before he was attacked I stood up to my feet and came to his aid when he was shoved off by Cain. I grabbed the nearest object, a chair and hit Cain.

"SHIT!" he groaned landing on his knees at the excruciating blow, Luis used that moment to his advantage and whipped out a gun pointing it at him. I could see the veins bulging in his neck as he glared at the other male and I looked at him. My body tensed in anticipation at the inevitable but after a few seconds passed I looked at him perplexed at why he wasn't using this moment to walk out or at least. . .

"You can't do it, can you?" he chuckled dryly holding his bleeding side watching Luis whose silence he took as confirmation." Guess I should be flattered that you wouldn't want to hurt your only sibling."

WHAT THE FUCK?!

My eyes switched between both of them, my mind failing to process fast enough the new piece of information that slipped out. And the only real resemblance I could see between them was their scars.

I didn't want to believe him.

He had to be lying.

But the remorse on Luis' face was only further proof that Cain wasn't lying and that he knew. He looked at me briefly, I never knew, Tiana. . . I swear," he muttered earnestly," not until recently."

"You're a real piece of shit for abandoning your only family!" Cain spat," you should be ashamed of yourself, brother," he taunted switching his gaze to me wearing a smirk that had me unconsciously wrapping my arms around my body trying to shield myself from any more of his animosity. He looked amused before turning his gaze back to Luis whose gaze looked murderous given the growl that rumbled off his body. The sound akin to that of a German tank.

This was war.

"I didn't expect you to arrive so soon, guess you didn't get my last message, huh?"

"You're a sick fuck for what you've done."

"You didn't honestly think you could just bury dad away- not after the good he's done for us in this house," he sneered gesturing to the dilapidated environment and for a moment Luis' face changed to one of horror as his grip tightened around the gun.

"That racist shit did nothing for me except permanently damage me."

Cain scoffed crossing his arms bemused," Typical you'd call it such when it's actually a sign of strength. In the hate we will prosper . . . you remember those words, Lu?" he asked tilting his head observing Luis who was fuming.

"Dad always told me there's a beauty in our division, such a shame you've chosen different," Cain frowned only to move on his knees closer towards the gun barrel wearing a sinister grin that spoke volumes of just how screwed up he really was," shoot me."

The minute those words slipped out, my eyes darted towards Luis to find his shaking hand clenching and unclenching around the gold handle of the pistol," You are holding dad's gun, right? So go ahead- shoot me."

And like a crystal clear mirror along my path, Luis' grey eyes conveyed a pain I felt as I saw him battle with himself. He breathed heavily looking at the man who turned out to be his brother and it's not long until his eyes switch to mine. His face softening and I yearned to know what was going on in his mind.

Cain followed his gaze looking annoyed as he turned and pushed his head further against the barrel to gain Luis' attention," Shoot me! COME ON! You are your father's son after all!" he shouted throwing his arms hysterically," DO IT."

And that alone was enough to cause his hand to loosen around the gun until his arms all but dropped to the side as the indecisiveness grew dim." No," he mumbled shaking his head taking a few steps back creating a distance between them." I'd rather cause harm to myself than become anything like him. And nothing, not even you- blood or not can make me lose sight of what matters most in this world."

Luis released a heavy sigh marching towards me to grab my arm gently staring me down to convey a million emotions splayed in his eyes. But the one thing that was discernible was- relief.

"I don't know if it's too late to even say it . . . but I-I'm sorry for-"

"Shh . . ." I raised my hand silencing him and the way he looked grief-stricken caused my heart to constrict in my chest at the feeling he thought I was going to reject him," as much as I would love to have this heart to heart. I prefer we do it under different circumstances, preferably when I've had a bath."

In order to cleanse myself from the days spent of being under this roof with that delirious individual.

And wash away his touch on me.

He pulled me close, wrapping his arms around me and unlike the disgust I thought I would feel from all that's happened to me, my body involuntarily relaxed against his touch as we moved out of the house without once looking back. Ignoring Cain's yelling.

The warm air was the first thing to greet my face and I began to relish the feel of the sun's rays on me as the taste of freedom grew sweeter. Once my eyes landed on the car- an individual stepped out but before I had the time to register who it was- a yell made us both swiftly turn around to find Cain holding a shot gun in his hand.

He looked like a maniac with his nostrils flared," You don't get to FUCKING WALK AWAY! NOT AFTER EVERYTHING!" he sneered pointing the gun directly at Luis.

"NO! CAIN YOU DON'T WANT TO DO THIS!" another voice yelled and it's not long before Lisa ran in front of Luis to block us both from facing the scorching touch of the bullet. My eyes widened in confusion to see her of all people here.

She briefly glanced in my direction giving me an apologetic look before placing her attention back to the man glaring at her in disdain.

"Get the fuck out of my way, lady. I'm only asking but if I have to put a bullet in you then so be it!"

"You'd really do that, Cain. . ." she mumbled softly," to your own mother."

W-WHAT?!