After The Bliss

LUIS

Tracing her skin I never knew this level of content existed in the very life I lived. If I believed that the day I was published was the best, I stood corrected with every moment I spent with her and the night we shared was incredible. To the point a feeling emerged of just how urgent it was I tell her more about myself, it was only right I do. I had planned on telling her last night but she was upset and things just got out of hand. . .

I had to tell her.

However, a hushed voice in my mind told me otherwise. That instead of rushing to tell her, I needed to relish a bit more into the possibilities of us. And I would do anything to protect her. The day was still fresh of the night she was drugged- no other time in my life could compare to the rage I felt knowing that someone would try harm her and I believe that was the moment it occurred to me just how willing I was to be there for her.

If I ever saw that asshole again who tried to hurt her- there's no limit to the Hell I would administer.

There had been something unsettling about that stranger from that club . . . something off that often bothered m-

All thoughts momentarily halted as she shifted closer to me, mumbling something incoherent in her sleep and I couldn't help but smile and pull her in closer. Chords tugged on my heart as I imagined what each day would bring waking up to her. A piece of Heaven was what I found and I wondered to no one under the early morning rays of the sun if she secretly had angel wings hidden in her back.

Closing my eyes at the peace I felt, cradling her to further stimulate the high I was still on, just when I felt myself succumbing to the lull of sleep there was light tapping against the window. Still feeling a bit disoriented at the abrupt disturbance in our little bubble. I glanced at the window and felt the colour drain out of my face when I saw a familiar man standing outside.

This couldn't be happening.

Why!

Why!

I froze in my spot, my gaze switching between a sleeping Tiana to the officer outside as the panic sunk in. Another tap vibrated against the glass and I knew I had to swallow the anxiety. If I thought Tiana's mother was the last person to catch us like this, I stood to be corrected.

I fumbled, yanking up my pants haphazardly to a level of decency that was adequate enough to step out quietly and not wake her. And it took a lot of restraint and self-control to untangle her limbs from mine when all I really wanted was to do was hold her a bit longer in the serenity and peace we created.

However, I had to deal with this situation once and for all. So the minute I stepped out and met his gaze, thin lips set in a firm line, and Uncle Logan's eyes widened slightly before his frown deepened making me feel like an adolescent all over again.

Even though Uncle Logan was my godfather, given the close friendship he had with my father that formed from them working together to bring justice. He in turn became in some way another father figure for me. My father retired years back whereas Uncle Logan who still felt the need to work, was a Captain now. Despite having two people close to me in authority, it never stopped me from being rebellious such that I wasn't even surprised at the words that slipped out of his lips.

"Still up to your old tactics, huh?" he gestured coolly to the car, he tried to peek over my shoulders but I blocked him from seeing Tiana's profile. He took notice of this and chuckled." I don't know whether to be proud of you or charge you."

I scoffed crossing my arms fighting the smile," Come on, Uncle Logan. It's bad enough you of all people found me here."

"Better be grateful it was me and not some other cop trying to be a hero."