𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝

~Vanessa's POV~

"The sun shines during the day

"The sun shines during the day. Ms. Matthews will argue the affirmative." Cory started the class as he gestured his daughter. "Good morning, everybody. You know why people say that in the morning?" Riley smiled before she started to head over to the window.

"To be nice but in reality they want to go home and stay in their bed for a year." Grace, who sits at my left, shrugged as she offered. "And just watch television the whole time." I added in as we shared a smile before looking back to Riley.

"No. Paam! Nailed it." Riley shook her head at us before she opened the blinds to reveal the sunlight beaming into the classroom. "How can you possibly lose?" Maya smiled as she asked Riley while Jason and I shared a look before looking over to Farkle. "Amor." I smiled as I gestured to Farkle who sent me a small smirk before looking back to the class. 

"First of all, let's understand that day and night are merely words invented by human beings to communicate simple conceptual constructs apropos of nothing. Science tells us that the sun is always shining and what appears to be day and night is merely our angle of proximity at a particular time to the Earth's revolution." Farkle explained to everyone while Riley was doing some odd gestures.

"And, for extra credit, there's no such thing as time." Farkle continued on but Riley sprung up quickly. "Time!" Riley tried to cut him off but Farkle wasn't going to stop at all. "Our debate topic therefore, is false. The sun does not just shine during the day, it also shines during the night, just not on us." Farkle finished off while Riley looked smug as everyone looked at the two wondering what will happen.

"I win." Riley grinned over to us while Jason, Smackle and I shared a look along with our group. "How do you win?" Cory questioned his daughter as we all sat back at this. "Because I have high hopes. Because when you believe passionately-" Riley started to explain but it doesn't seem as it wasn't her day.

"And our debate winner is Farkle Minkus!" Cory announced as we clapped for him while Farkle and I shared an expression with one another. "I don't understand. I said what I believed. How could that be wrong?" Riley asked as she was confused but we can see Cory was planning something.

"There's no wrong, Riley. But there are rules to a debate." Cory explained to Riley as she turned to him. "Okay, who cares about the rules when we know that the sun shines during the day?" Riley furrowed her eyebrows as Cory walked up to her. "That's interesting, isn't it?" Cory smiled as he looked towards his daughter.

"Yeah it's interesting that you never taught your daughter basic time differences." Jason nodded as he looked over to Cory. "Or else she'd know that the other side of the world is night time while we have day time and vice versa." I agreed as I raised an eyebrow turning to Cory. "We did!" Cory shook his head as he responded to us.

"Really?" Jason and I sent him a look as we can tell he was lying which he noticed. "So how often do we get so lost in what we think, that we refuse to listen to what the other side has to say, huh? You guys know why we debate in history class? History teaches us that most wars start because we don't listen to the other point of view." Cory continued his lesson as he tried to avoid the question.