Volume 4: A Much Needed Talk

Y/n POV

I managed to wake up by the campfire that the others put up for the night while I was being patched up by Ruby after Qrow told us about the Maidens. I don't believe it, they use magic without Dust? I never heard this tale before, other people using magic, and other stuff. We just sat in silence while Ruby was sitting next to me to make sure I get better from the wound, while Qrow was finishing his drink from his flask.

Qrow: Really? No questions?

Jaune: Of course we have questions. This is just... a lot to take in.

Qrow: Sure, of course.

We all went silent for a second until Ruby spoke.

Ruby: So these... maidens... They're powerful fighters that don't need Dust to use magic.

Qrow: Yeah.

Nora: And there are four of them?

Qrow: Yup. Always.

Ren: Which means that, whenever one of them dies, the power transfers to someone- a female- that they care about?

Qrow: Whoever was in their thoughts last. Important distinction. Best option, it's someone we can trust. Regardless, their souls become combined in a way.

You: When Amber died back in the vault in Beacon, her power was transferred to Cinder, because all she wanted was power.

Qrow: You got that right.

Jaune: And that's what you trying to do to Pyrrha. The night the tower fell. You were trying to turn her into one of them.

Qrow: The previous Fall Maiden, Amber, had been attacked. She was young, inexperienced. And her assailment, who we now know as Cinder, somehow managed to steal some of her power, but not all of it. We were afraid that if we didn't do something, the rest would go to her as well.

You: Wait.

They all looked at me in a confused look.

You: You said that Cinder stole most of Amber's power right?

Qrow: Yes.

You: That was the same woman, she attacked me, Ruby, and Glynda the night before Torchwick escaped.

Ruby: Yeah, I just realized.

Jaune: So you forced it on Pyrrha.

Qrow: We didn't force anything. We explained the situation and gave her a choice, and she chose.

You: I was there.

Qrow: Exactly, and Jaune was there too, you heard her.

Jaune then got up from his log and walked a few feet away from us.

Ruby: That guy. Tyrian. Why was he after me and Y/n?

Qrow sighs after what Ruby had told Qrow her question.

Qrow: Well, you definitely painted a target on your back what you did at Beacon. I told you having silver eyes is a rare trait. And the fact that you're someone that was able to use them seems to have upset some powerful people. Not many people know about the silver eyes. But those that do aren't very happy that one has surfaced. That's why I have been keeping an eye on you. In order to make sure you were safe. All of you. And I don't know about why they were after Y/n as well?

You: I think I know why.

Qrow and the others looked at me to make me answer to them.

You: They're after me as well, because I'm a Jedi, and they want me to become one of them, there's no way I'm letting that happen.