Volume 7: A Night Off

Y/n POV

After me and Poe cleared out the Grimm in Mantle, everything was okay... for now. I still can't believe Jaucqes Schnee is going to be elected to be a Councilman. If anyone is going to be sitting on the council, it's to be Robyn Hill, that's who I vote for. She has to be able to bring this city to stand up and fight for this battle that we are facing right now. Enough of that. Me and Poe were training inside the training room in Atlas Academy using only our fists. I was blocking his punches left and right to see if I can get advantage to strike him. I blocked some of his punches, but I got hit from his punch and I went on the floor.

Poe: Hey, what's wrong? You feel distracted.

I sat up from the floor and just took a break from training.

You: I'm just tired of all this.

Poe: Tired from what?

Poe then sat down next to me for us to talk.

You: I'm just tired of seeing people get hurt and get killed from these creatures and crazy people trying to take over this world, and trying to get these relics for them to have power. I just can't stand it. I just can't do this.

Poe: Hey, don't give me that crap. You've been here for five years, and you still survive. You've been fighting for your life to help people on this planet. You still got a job to do, Y/n. And your job, is to protect these people and save the world from danger. So you can't give up now, because you came all this way to save millions of lives. Don't give up now, okay?

I just heard Poe's speech he gave me. I'm not done yet, I still have a job to do. I will save these people from danger, and I will stop the people that are trying to hurt us from doing what is right for us.

You: Okay. Thanks, Poe.

Poe: (pats my back) You're welcome, Y/n. I heard there's an election going on down in the city, you up for it?

You: Yeah, I just need to take my mind off of things right now.

Me and Poe got up from the floor and head to our dorms to get ready for the election that's going on down in Mantle.

(Timeskip)

Location: Mantle

We were walking in the city of Mantle to head to this election that's taking place around here. I noticed that Poe was wearing a different outfit. It's close enough for him to protect him from the cold.

He has The Resistance symbol on his left side of his jacket that looks cool

You: I like that jacket of yours.

Poe: Thanks. This is always my favorite jacket. Rising up for the fight of The Resistance.

You: I hope I can meet one of them one day.

Poe: I'm sure you will.

BD-1: Beep.

We kept on walking to the election that was taking place in Mantle.