Volume 5: Getting Back Together

Y/n POV

We were all gathered around the table having a nice dinner with the gang all around me. It's nice to see us smile and laugh again after so much has happened. We've been separated from each other for a few months since we've traveled to Mistral, and Yang and Weiss finally came here to see us again, I'm glad they came back to us. This won't be different without them. I was sitting on Ruby's left side of the table, while the others told their stories about fighting that Grimm when I was unconscious, they laughed at what Ren said to Ruby. Yang then spoke to me and noticed something different about me.

Yang: I hardly recognized you Y/n, you've been growing that stuff on your face for a while right?

She noticed the facial hair on my face.

You: Oh, this? This is nothing. I've had it for a few months now.

Ruby: You just wanted to look like Qrow huh?

You: Hey, he has like small set's of facial hair on him. All he has is a small beard under his face. He didn't grow a mustache or a beard. I guess I'm the only the one growing these types.

Everyone laughed at me for my joke, it's good to be happy with the gang again.

(A few minutes later)

You: And after that fight when Qrow was distracted, I took the hit for him from Tyrian's tail.

Yang and Weiss gasped in shock from what I said.

Yang: You did not!

Weiss: You took the hit for Qrow, and you've been poisoned?!

You: Yep, and now I feel better.

Yang: It took a lot of guts to do that, but wow you literally just took a hit for Qrow.

You: But hey, I saved his life.

Ruby: Yes you did.

We were nearly almost done with the food and Weiss told us about how she summoned a Grimm at her party at Atlas.

Ruby: (gasp) You did not!

Weiss covered her face with both of her hands.

Weiss: Yeah, right in the middle of the party.

Yang: Please tell me you let that lady have it.

Weiss then removed her hands from her face and looked at Yang.

Weiss: Of course not! Even if I did really want to.

Nora: No way, I don't believe it.

I then noticed Weiss summoned a Boarbatusk next to Nora.

You: Uh, Nora?

Nora: Yes?

You: You might wanna look to your right.

Nora did what I said and looked to her right and saw the Boarbatusk growling at her.

Nora: AAH!

Nora screamed in shock and fell on her left, and all of us laughed at what Weiss did to Nora.

After that crazy summon that Weiss did to Nora, Yang showed her robotic arm to everyone and gasped in awe, I was amazed by this.

Yang: It's no replacement for the real thing, but I'll make sure to make good use of it.

Jaune: That's amazing.

Ren: Incredible.

Ruby then gasped excitedly and went to Yang's arm to inspect it.