Volume 7: My Past

Y/n POV

Location: Atlas Academy

Time: Morning

I was sleeping on top of the bunk bed with Ruby like always, we never get tired of this moment when we sleep together. I opened my eyes and I looked that she's wearing her Atlas sleeping wear, I was wearing the same thing too. I looked at her closed eyes, hearing her breath in and out from her sleep. I put my right hand on her hair to move some of it out of the way of her face. Ruby felt my hand on her and she opened her eyes with a smile on her face and looked at me. We were like this for a few seconds, until we heard someone in our dorm room.

Penny: Salutations!

Me, Ruby and the rest of my team heard that it was Penny that woke us up, Weiss, Blake, and Yang freaked out and woke up from Penny's wake up call, except for me and Ruby, we all ready woke up.

Penny: Good morning team RWBY!

Yang: Ugh, Penny, what time is it even?

Penny: Time to be huntsman and huntresses of course!

Weiss, Blake, and Yang groaned in frustration for them to get up and get ready for the day, while me, Ruby got changed into our usual outfits quickly and I got BD-1 on my back to get pumped up for the day ahead.

You: Alright, let's do this!

BD-1: Whoo!

Ruby: Yahoo!

(Timeskip)

We all were in the briefing room with team JNPR, Merrin, Oscar and Qrow. While Clover got in and gave us information about what we need to do for today. Ruby sat down next to me while she was really excited to do something in a while.

Clover: Eyes up, huntsmen. Time to get used to the new normal in Atlas. You're top priority is Amity Tower. That means protecting supply runs from Grimm and bandits. And, protecting the sight itself. Diverting all construction resources to Amity Tower means there are going to be gaps in Mantle's defenses against Grimm, they'll need help with the perimeter. But there's plenty to do in Mantle itself. I think you'll find everyone appreciates having a huntsman around. You're of course free to enjoy your time off as you see fit. Whatever helps take the edge off. The huntsmen around you can be an invaluable resource. If you're willing to pay attention. But make no mistakes, school's over. So, what's it gonna be?

I can't wait to do something for today, even Ruby is excited too.

Clover: Alright, I'll need team RWBY and Y/n in the training room in ten minutes.

Me and my team got up to head to the training room to go test out our skills.

Location: Training Room

We arrived at the training room, it looks so different from Beacon, it has lack black and blue lights on the walls and floor.