22

" 𝒚/𝒏 𝑷𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 "

" 𝒚/𝒏 𝑷𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 "

It was really late and I was stuck in the library trying to find ways to stop the dragon from killing me , I had assumed the dragon would be protecting something, My best bet would be calming a dragon but that was easier said then done. I had been here 4 hours and I was slowly falling asleep. I hadn't been researching anything for the past 10 minutes I was just resting my head on a book, with my eyes closed. I was only taking a small break. 'accent' I felt a shove of my shoulder, 'hey y/n, come on' I jumped up my neck aching a little from the rest I had. I covered my eyes the brightness of the room hurting my eyes. Wait. The brightness?

'What time is it?' I asked to no one 'You have 1 hour till the first task' I whipped my head to the side to thank who ever who had woken me up. Draco. 'I- uh thank you, for waking me I mean.' He nodded gulping, the silence between us was awkward and unbearable 'Look,' Draco and I tried in unison 'No, I shouldn't of been rude yesterday to you, Crabbe and Goyle were just annoying me and I took it out on the one person I don't like being like that to' I shook my head holding up my hands, 'No Draco I shouldn't of kicked you and expected nothing that's so dumb' We both grinned ear to ear and hugged. 'Now if you could help me come up with a way to distract a dragon?' I queered but he just shook his head.

We were walking towards the arena, my mind racing for a spark of an idea, Fred and George greeted us but I walked straight past. We were almost at the tent when Draco stopped, 'You and the chicken, How did you calm him what did he like?' I would normally hit him for calling Buckbeak a chicken but he was right. 'Draco you truly are the best!' I shouted wrapping my arms around his neck, he didn't hesitate to wrap his arms round my waist. This hug felt different to our normal friendly ones. It almost felt intimate, neither of us let go Draco kept pulling me in tighter as if we weren't as close as possible. 'Don't die please accent girl' I leaned back the two of us still holding each other 'I promise' I leaned up kissing his cheek, causing myself to go bright red as I scurried off into the tent.

'Hey Cedric' I greeted in a nervous tone, 'you okay' I shook my head, 'not in the slightest' He opened his mouth to reply but Rita Skeeter barged in, 'and now I feel worse' I muttered but he clearly heard. I tried to move away from Cedric but he kind of just hovered behind me. 'We caught your little kiss with Malfoy don't worry' She winked at me causing my blood to boil. 'It was not a kiss, I kissed his cheek you pathetic-' Cedric leaped forward holding his hand over my mouth. 'Fiery' She purred prowling over to my brother, 'bitch' I cursed pushing off Cedric. 'You kissed malfoy?' He asked sounding hurt, 'on the cheek it doesn't count I kiss Fred and George on the cheek all the time it doesn't mean anything' Cedric's face fell more, 'but with you it's different with Malfoy' My mouth was open and I was in shock. 'Different how' I spat back. 'Well everyone but you can see you like each other' I scoffed 'that's ridiculous you know I don't like him' Cedric sneered something back that it made me forget he was Hufflepuff. 'Well he's in love with you, the way he treats you and looks at you. He's pathetic'.

I probably would of defended Draco if it weren't for the crowd of teachers who had come in. ' Good day champions. Gather round please. Now you've waited, you've wondered and at last the moment has arrived. The moment only five of you can fully appreciate' We all gathered around him 'Miss Granger what are you doing here?' He asked Hermione who awkwardly shrugged and left. 'Barty the bag' Dumbledore held out his hand and a wriggling black bag was dropped into his hand. 'Miss delacour over here, Mr Krum, and Potter over here. Right. Miss delacour, if you will...' He motioned to the bag and she stuck in her hand. At first she pulled her hand back in shock but then did pull out a small figurine of a dragon. 'The welsh green, Mr Krum'.

It got round to me and I braced myself knowing what was last anyway. 'The Ukrainian iron-belly' Crouch grimaced, Somehow Harry and I had acquired the most dangerous dragon's. 'The hungarian horntail. These represent very real dragons, each of which has been given a golden egg to protect. Your objective is simple, collect the egg. This you must do, for each egg contains a clue without which you cannot hope to proceed to the next task. Any questions?' We all stood in silence and he nodded. 'Very well. Good luck champions. Mr Diggory the sound of the cannon...' Filch set off the cannon early and I let out a laugh but Barty's glare made me stifle it. Cedric left the tent and I raised my wand 'accio dragon book' A book from the library flew into my hand, the other champions seemed to respect what I did and not mind. I flicked through but all I found was dragon's liked silence, how on earth was I meant to get an entire stadium of people to shut up. My only plan right now was to be calm and treat him like I did Buckbeak. I was the only one left. The cannon went off. 'y/n Potter'.

[A/N] how cute