eight

---Mina---

My friends and I were having our lunch at the cafeteria.We we're so hungry that only utensils can be heard on our table.Momo and Jongyeon,the big eater among our group even ordered two servings for each one of them. Everyone's full attention was on our own foods when Sana being clumsy she is,spilled her drink.Unfortunately,I was sitting beside her.Her drinks we're on me and my uniform. Aish! This clumsy Sana is what I hate the most sometimes.

"Oops?" Sana apologetically looked at me

"Yah!Sana!What am I gonna do?My uniform was all a big mess!"I annoyingly yelled at her.

"I'm sorry Mina.." she pouts "don't worry 'bout your uniform.I brought a sweater with me this morning,you can use that instead" she looked down and guiltily tried to wiped my uniform.

I felt so sticky and dirty so I decided to stand up and grabbed Sana along with me to get her sweater in our room and change.We we're running and was about to get inside our homeroom when I bumped into someone.
Someone who makes me confused these days.It's Chaeyoung.

I'm about to apologize but before I can even utter my apologies,she collapsed..in my arms.
I panicked.Did I bumped onto her that strong to made her collapsed?I looked at Sana and joined me waking chaeyoung up but as the moment my palm touches her cheeks, I felt the extra warmness of her being.She's burning.

"Sana,she's burning..we better bring her to the clinic" I panicked.

"right,let's go."

We brought Chaeyoung to the clinic and told the nurse what happened.I called Momo to  inform the others what happened while Sana called Tzuyu.She was close to Tzuyu just like momo to Dahyun.For a while,I wish that one day, chaeyoung and I would also be close to each other like how our friends were.

The school nurse checked on chaeyoung and told us she just needs rest and would wake up soon.She really was not feeling well.Maybe   that's why she keeps on massaging her temple earlier.

All of a sudden,we heard footsteps and voices.Soon enough,someone opened the curtain that acts as a partition and there came our friends,Momo,Jihyo, Nayeon and Jongyeon along with Chaeyoung's friends, Dahyun and Tzuyu.

We explained everything to them.Dahyun and Tzuyu thanked me and Sana for bringing Chaeyoung to the clinic.I just smiled and emplace some of Chaeyoung's loose hair behind her ears and fixed her blanket. She was sleeping but she was frowning a bit with beads of sweats on her forehead. I felt something strange once again seeing her in this state but it wasn't confusion this time.

Lunch Break was almost done.Jihyo told us that the eight of us can't stay looking out for Chaeyoung for an obvious reason and we better go back to our homeroom.Dahyun and Tzuyu being Chaeyoung's friends decided to stay but Momo and Sana were against the idea knowing Dahyun and Tzuyu was already having a hard time with their academics. As if we all don't know that they just don't wanna missed the 'apple of their eyes'. Aish,these two was really obvious.

---

I was sitting on a chair next to Chaeyoung's bed. Everyone left and went back to our room as I decided to stay and look after her. Nayeon and Jihyo were against the idea and were giving me signals but I just shrugged at them and insisted on staying.After a number of arguments with Nayeon and Jihyo,all was settled and they told me that they'll just explain everything to our prof..

---

It's been almost two hours and Chaeyoung was still in a deep slumber.I keep on staring at her and wonder how she became sick.Is she over stressing herself out?I carefully caressed her cheeks.Her skin was as soft as a feather and her face were slightly red because of the fever.She looks so peaceful and cute when having a slumber.My eyes went down on her hands and gently touch it.Her hand was so soft as well.Heat flushes on my cheeks when I realize how her hand perfectly fits mine.My heart suddenly skipped a beat.I tried to ignore the sudden feeling I was having but at the end,I realized that I am slowly falling for her.I want her..not only to be my friend but to be more than that.