Twenty Four

---chaeyoung---

*Flashbacks*

As soon as the sun peeked into my window blinding my eyes,I got up from my bed and went straight to the bathroom to take a bath and get ready for school. After doing so,I went down the kitchen to eat something since the coffee from yesterday was the last thing I had until now.I'm about to start eating when my phone rang.It's dad.

"My child?Are you still home yet?Dad asked.I am quiet surprised dad adressing me 'his child' but I'm loving it.

"Yes dad,why?do you guys need anything?  I asked back

"I-it's just..you're mom wanna see you.."dad stated

"But,I thought--"

"I told her you already knew everything" he cutted me out

Silence engulfed the both of us not until dad broke it again and told something which I greatly feared.

"S-she's getting worse,chaeng.She needs operation but your mom keeps on refusing it thinking all about the expenses it would create.You need to come here and convince her,please."

"I'll be on my way,dad"

"We'll be waiting"

As soon as the call was dropped I immediately ran back to my room and changed my uniform into hoodies and jeans.I grabbed my bag and removed all my school stuffs and replaced it with few clothes and personal stuffs.After cramming my stuffs quickly, I left our house and went to the hospital dad told me where they were.

---

I arrived at the hospital and immediately ran to my mother's room.I breathe deeply and calmed myself down for a little while.For a minute,I stood there. Infront of the door gathering my strength and courage before pushing the door opened.

I was greeted by an eery silence that slowly scared me along with the smell of the hospital itself. Dad immediately stood up from sitting on a couch beside the hospital bed where my mom was sleeping.I felt a pang of pain as soon as I saw my mom sleeping with some hospital devices I can't even decipher.

I ran to mom and hugged her.Soon,she was awake. She was probably awake feeling someone crying while hugging her.I felt her hugged me back.Dad joined us too and hugged both me and mom as possible as he can.Somehow,I was glad thinking 'Finally I was able to hugged the both of them" Unfortunately,it had to be in this situation.

After we all calmed down,I told mom how I found out their secret.They smiled proudly and even joke around telling they should have hidden the medical records.I pouted.We all had a normal conversation trying hard not to remember mom's real condition for the moment.Soon the room was filled with jokes and laughters.One of the Moments I'll surely keep in my heart..

Suddenly,there was a knock followed by a doctor and his nurse.They checked my mom's vitals and stuffs before asking dad for a private conversation.As soon as they left,I held mom's hand and smiled.

"I'm sorry,my baby.." mom randomly apologized

"No,mom.I should be the one apologizing to you. I've been busy with other stuffs not even realizing you were struggling something like this.I am sorry"

Sorry.I guess,saying sorry has been my hobby lately. What a shame.I'm really stupid and useless.I'm lame.

"You have done nothing wrong,my child" she smiled,

"Mom?" I called her out looking straight into her eyes as she hummed and looked at me too

"Can't you just consider having an operation.I am sure it'll help you,mom.please?" I begged. I just hope mom would really agree on this operation.