Twenty eight

---chaeyoung---

Today was the day.
I was currently pacing back and forth outside the operating room where my mom was having her operation.My dad had gone to the hospital chapel maybe to pray for the success of the operation.It's nearly an hour after they took mom inside the operating room.

Nervousness was slowly creeping into me as the time passes by.I'm having mixed emotions.
Fear..Anxiety..Nervousness.

What if..the operation won't succeed?
What if..it the doctors messed up?
What if..they failed?
What if..what if?
What if's..

Arg! I sat on the chair provided around the vicinity and buried my face into my hands.Tears streamed down my face as soon as random thoughts came into my mind.Damn,Son Chaeyoung!You should be thinking better than this.

I tried calming myself down and think of better thoughts than I did earlier.Mom was strong after all. She'll surely gonna make it.We will make it..

A gentle touch on my shoulder nudged me out of my deep thoughts and there I saw my dad smiling so genuinely.His smiles were giving me courage while his eyes were telling me everything would be alright soon. Right then,I realized Dad was right.
Everything's gonna be alright..

---

Dad and I immediately stood up when we saw the doctor came out of the room while removing his mask and gloves.I can feel my heart beating louder than the usual the moment the doctor gazed towards us seriously.

Please,let it be successful..
I silently prayed hoping the result was positive.

"Mr.Son,your wife was a fighter.We almost lost her in the table twice but she was fighting and I'm glad to say,that the operation was successful.
Congratulations and excuse me."

We both thanked the doctor before he left me and dad alone with so much joy in our hearts.Tears in our eyes and smiles on our lips were all over our faces.

Dad and I both cried due because of relief and happiness.He even gave me a bone-breaking hug but I don't mind since I was doing the same.I was so happy.All my fears and worries were replaced by joy and relief.

There is really sunshine after the rain..

---
After a few hours,Mom had finally returned back to her room and was peacefully sleeping.The doctor said she would wake up soon but she still needs to stay at the hospital for the meantime until her wounds were perfectly healed. I was sitting beside mom holding her hands while patiently waiting for her to wake up soon.I was really grateful how the operation turned out.

Dad went out for a minute and came back with my grandparents,mom's parents.Oh my,grannies!

"Our dear chaengie!" They called

"Grandpa!Grandma!" I immediately hugged and kissed the both of them.I was really surprised.It's been ages since the last time I saw them.

"Aigoo,my child..You turned out to be handsome like me" grandpa said brushing my hair.

"Your dad told us everything my dear.We are all so proud of you" grandma said and kissed my forehead

"I've really done nothing granny,My friends did.They helped me with everything" I said a bit embarrassed

"Never think like that,our dear..You've been so strong for your family,our family.You've done the best things that a child can do for her family.Thank you chaengie"
Grandma said and hugged me.Soon grandpa and dad joined in hugging me tightly.