Twenty one

---Mina---

I was currently sitting beside Chaeyoung in her bed in the school's infirmary.Our prof, Mr.Lee asked me to accompany Chaeyoung since I'm her seatmate.The school nurse told me Chaeyoung collapsed due to lack of sleep and over-fatigue.It's been almost an hour since I brought her here and so far,she's sleeping peacefully.

Watching Chaeyoung in deep slumber made me realized how much I've missed her.I miss her cubby eyes,her pointed nose,her cute cheeks and her soft plump lips.I miss her laughs,her silliness,her random jokes.I miss her being so effortlessly cool,her being so rude yet so soft in the inside.I miss hanging around her doing sudden dates,grabbing coffees together while spending the rest of the days and being so contented in each others arms.I miss her,I badly miss everything about her.Sadly,everything had to change all of a sudden

Looking at her face with bruises and fresh wounds made my heart broke into pieces as curiousity snapped at me wondering what really happened to Chaeyoung.I never did imagine she would end up in in this state.
I stopped thinking stuffs as soon as I heard Chaeyoung groaned and start blabbering words while crying in her sleep.

"Mom,no..no don't leave me yet..
Mom....please..don't leave me" she cried

"Hey,Chaeyoung..wake up!"
I tried to wake her up from her slumber but as soon as my hands touched her shoulders,she quickly pulled me in for a hug.She hugged me like it'll be our last hug. I felt her body trembled as soon as our bodies collided and heard her sobbed.

"Don't leave me,mom..please" she begged,

"Ssshhhh,it's alright chaeyoung,I'm here..shhhh"I gently caress her and hug her tightly

I wiped her tears as well as all the sweats on her forehead while tucking her back to sleep. She had soon calmed down and stopped crying.Soon enough,she was back to sleep again peacefully. After what I witnessed a while ago,I am sure there's something going on with Chaeyoung. It looks like it's a bit private and has something to do with her mom.

I'm not the kind of person who usually barged onto someone's private life not unless they wanted me to but Chaeyoung's case was different. I'm aware we're totally over and I should be minding my own business but my guts was telling me Chaeyoung needs me.My Chaeyoung needs me..

---

The bell ranged indicating it's already lunch time but Chaeyoung was still in a deep slumber.I'm having second thoughts on waking her up thinking she still needs some rest like the nurse said so I chose not to bother her up.I was about to tucked some of chaeyoung's hair to her ear when the squad came in unfortunately,with Bambam.

"Hey,Mina..how's chaeyoung?" Dahyun and Tzuyu asked worriedly

I told them everything that the nurse told me earlier and they all sighed in relief.Everyone looked so worried at Chaeyoung except her very own cousin,Bambam.

"By the way,Mina Bambam's here" Nayeon interrupted

"Hi,Mina..Ready for lunch?" Bambam asked, I wanted to decline him and look after chaeyoung but I remembered I already said yes earlier.

"How about chaeyoung?" I asked wondering who'll look after her when everyone was going out for lunch

"Oh,I'm sure she'll manage" Bambam chuckled rudely "besides she-"

"I'm fine" chaeyoung butted in

Since when did she woke up?I saw Bambam annoyingly stared at Chaeyoung while the latter stared back with anger.The tension around the room became intense as they continued staring at each others for a minute.