Twenty two

---Chaeyoung---

"So,can you tell us what really happened? Nayeon asked

"Hey,Nayeon cut it out!stop pressuring her" Jihyo scolded

"It's fine,I'm fine" I assured

Everyone gathered around.Dahyun was sitting beside me next to her girlfriend,Momo.Nayeon settled beside Momo while sitting next to her girlfriend,Jongyeon. Then Jihyo and Mina.Lastly,Sana sat next to Tzuyu whose sitting beside me.They're staring at me intently probably waiting for me to start spilling out what really happened these past few weeks.

I grabbed my pillow and heaved a deep sigh.I don't know where to start.Good thing,Tzuyu handed me my sketch pad and pencil.She pat me and smiled cheering me up.I never knew I needed these not until she gave it to me.I need these,I need some distractions.I started telling them what happened as soon as the pencil touches the empty sketchpad.

---

*Flashbacks*
(Chaeyoung's)

It's been three days after mom and dad left to take care of my sick grandmother. Mom often calls me to check me out but my instincts and doubts grew deeper everytime she calls.Grandma was already fine like what they told me but my mom's voice always sounded like she's in deep pain whenever she talks to me over the phone.I never had the courage to asked her since I knew she would just lied.

I decided to broke in mom and dad's room.I've been struggling between breaking the door of their room and asking them lately but knowing them,I opt to choose the first one.I broke the knob by smashing it using anything that came to my mind.As soon as the knob was destroyed,I quickly searched for anything that will answer all my questions.My feet soon brought me infront of the bedside table and there I found all the answers I needed.

Medical records.Prescriptions.Tests and some lab results.All named under my very own mother.The records and results says: Transthyretin Amyloid Cardiomyopathy (ATTR-CM).

Not knowing any medical terms and stuffs,I  immediately researched about it.My knees grew weaker and weaker as I began reading every articles about the mentioned disease.There's so many articles but my mind was stucked on a certain one.

Transthyretin Amyloid Cardiomyopathy (ATTR-CM)
A fatal disease (heart muscle disease)that is often misdiagnosed that leads to heart failure.
It is any of several structural or functional disease of the heart muscle marked especially by hypertrophy and obstructive damage to the heart that often causes deaths.

Symptoms are as followed;
-shortness of breathes
-numbness or pain in the lower backs and legs
-diarrhea or constipation
-nausea
Etc..

Tears immediately streamed down my face as soon as I slowly realized I've been so foolish not to notice mom's disease.I didn't even know she's been going through a lot.All I know is she opt to keep it from me
for my sake.

I prevent myself from telling mom I already knew everything so I called dad instead.He denied everything at first but admit it in the end after I told him I saw all the medical records and stuffs.He decided to come home and talked to me about it.

As soon as He arrived,I noticed dad looked so worn out.Bags under his eyes were visible.I quickly hugged him before I realize he despise my very own presence.I was about to break the interaction that I created but to my surprise,He hugged me.He hugged me!He hugged me so tight and before I knew it I hugged back and cried in his arms.He cried as well saying he's so sorry for everything.We both cried our hearts out and keep hugging making up the lost times.