032.

━━
𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦
━━

agh: i'm sorry this chapter sucks so much i've just been so emotional and sad recently and school is stressing me and work is giving me no time to do anything and i just feel like crap ㅠㅠ◢

san stared anxiously at his cellphone for about twenty minutes. the number yeosang had emailed him was already punched into the phone, but he couldn't bring himself to set it to dial.

why was he so hesitant to call the younger was still a mystery to he himself. of course he was eager to talk to yeosang -words couldn't even describe how desperately he missed the younger's voice- and his body tingled from his toes to the tip of his nose at the thought of hearing it again—talking to yeosang again. but he was still hesitant.

the email sounded like it was written by yeosang; the usage of san's nick name already was a dead give away that it was him who wrote it. but still, there was still doubt.

san was told that yeosang was going to get destroyed, thrown away because he was some kind of danger. he was told he'd never see the younger again. so in all seriousness the small voice in the back of his mind that spat venom wasn't entirely wrong. it told him that this was a hoax.

deep down he knew it wasn't.

what would seonghwa gain from toying with him like this other than maybe a good short laugh? he wasn't the type to do something like that—at least he didn't seem like it. then again he knew nothing of the business man.

with a soft sigh he gathered all his courage and hope, and pressed dial.

the phone didn't even get a chance to ring once before an excited voice blared out his poor phone speakers.

"sannie~!" yeosang squealed.

tears.

tears pooled in his eyes, streamed down his cheeks and flowed over his lips. tears of both sadness, happiness and relief were what decorated his lashes and painted the soft flesh of his cheeks.

yeosang was still here, he was still alive. it wasn't a hoax. it wasn't a lie. he hadn't been thrown away or destroyed like seonghwa had seemed so adamant on doing.

he was still here, and seemingly safe.

"s-sangie?" he chocked our thought a thick, heavy sob.

"yes~' how are you? are you okay? have you been eating well? have you been doing your school work?"

san paused for what felt like forever. all his words and thoughts jumbled together into a ball of nervousness in the back of his throat. so much he wanted to say and he could only choke out the few words that actually managed to slip from his tongue.

"my sweet lil' smol baby boy are you okay?! has that bastard don't anything to you?! tell me where you are, i finna shove a robot foot up his ass! actually wait no, murder sounds better. i'm rich so i'll probably only get a slap on the wrist right? baby tell me where you are so i can murder him please." his words came out all at once, a jumble of words fumbling aimlessly from the younger's phone speaker. it took yeosang's processors a few seconds to decipher is all. he gasped when he understood san's death threats.

"nu, sannie please don't kill hyung! i'm okay, honestly! i'm actually being very well taken care of. hyung has been charging me every night and giving new pretty clothes every day. he even cuddled with me when i was missing you. there's no need to kill him, i don't want you to go to jail."

san's jaw hung low, mouth opening and closing as he tried to respond and both comprend at the same time. "sounds like you actually like being with him," the elder stated with a cold tone, he couldn't help the snappy nature of the remark nor the slight pang of jealousy that filled his chest.

san did not like the ideas of someone else cuddling yeosang; not one bit.

"i do, but not as much as i like being with you sannie, that's why i wanted to ask you something." yeosang's voice was soft and sweet. it sounded like a voice a mother would use with her babe. "i like hyung. he's nice and he means well, even if he does sometimes do some unreasonable things."

san scoffed.

"but," yeosang cut in, "he's a good person, and i don't want him to be sad or alone.

"what does that mean?"

"sannie you know what it was like to live alone, the one person you loved and trusted being so far away to the point where it felt like they were never there to begin with. hyung feels the same way and he acted out on it like you did. that doesn't make him a bad person, just a confused one. i want to help him sannie, like i did you."

san took in a shape breath. he wasn't necessarily ready to admit that yeosang was telling the truth, but the younger was and that's all that mattered.

"so what are you suggesting?" he mumbled meekly.

"i want hyung to be happy. i also want you to be happy too sannie. but i can't stay with both of you at the same time, it's impossible. so i have an idea." there was a short pause and san could have sworn he heard a soft giggle. "hyung said because of my consciousness, my systems reboot every once in a while so i was thinking: what if i saved a copy of my current programming and shared it with another android. that way they have all my memories and a conscious like me but just with a new body! that way you can have that one and we can be together~! then this body can stay with hyung. i think that would be good because hyung says i look just like junyoung and i think he'll be happy with that."

there was dead silence on the other end and yeosang grew worried.

"sannie? what do you think?" he asked, his eyes turning yellow with anxious anticipation.

"will that make you happy yeosang?" came a plain, simple question.

"y-yes sannie. i don't want either of you to be sad."

"then i don't give a rats ass what body you're in. as long as you're the same bitchy ass sangie i'm good."

yeosang gasped and squealed. his giggled streaming from san's speaker like warm honey. "yes! oki! let me go ask hyung if he's okay with it, then i'll send you the file! hold on one second."

the younger didn't even wait for san to answer before he left the phone -while still on call- on the bed and rushing to the kitchen yelling, "hyung, hyung, hyung~! i have an idea!"

[...]
i-i'm crying. i legit don't want this story to end. so i'm sorry if this chapter sucked shit and was short and wasn't what you expected but i'm getting hella freaking emotional for no reason. like the characters aren't even real but the heartbreak is TT