Prologue: The Eighth (Anti) Hero

Once, there lived a young girl.

With short blond hair and short aquamarine dress, she was the type of girl one could easily find.

However, the girl was anything but ordinary.

She had a little sister and a father. She had a loving family.

Even so, she and her family were anything but ordinary.

Her father, her sister, and herself were practitioners of Magecraft.

They were what would be called magi.

However, even within her extraordinary family, she was inherently far from the common extraordinary that was a magus.

She was extraordinary even by the standard of extraordinary people.

Since her birth, she had been connected to what magi called Root. Otherwise known as Akasha or Akashic Record, the source of all.

No one knew that she was connected to Root, not even her father and sister.

After all, it was the dream of all magi to be able to reach the Root of everything, and if those magi found out that she had a connection to the thing that they spent their entire life and even generations to reach, who knew what they would do to her.

Even so, what a boring dream that the magi had.

Once they reached the Root of everything and obtained all knowledge, then what?

There would no longer be things like surprise, expectation, or even dream, for you would already know everything.

All that was left would be boredom. Unquenchable boredom.

She knew, after all, that was how she had lived her life up to this point.

She had fallen into despair and her worldview and personality were slowly becoming more and more distorted to the point that she had given up on everything.

She would need to be patient, however.

Once the time had come, once Fourth Heaven's Feel had started, she could finally end her suffering.

The magi would use that opportunity to open a hole to reach Akasha, she would use that opportunity to reach out to the great evil from beyond.

She would use that opportunity to bring forth the day of reckoning and end the current world.

And so she had to be patient. Until it started she had to keep playing the role that they perceived her to be.

When that moment came, surely she would finally be able to truly laugh, cry, rage, and to truly know what it was like to be alive.

That fateful day, a lonely girl screamed for help, even though she herself didn't know this desire.

Her salvation came in the form of an overpowered jerk.

______________________________

Alternate Universe

???: Haah... Haaaaah... HAAAAAAAA-!

???: WHAT?! WHAT THE FUCK'S WITH YOU?!

???: I'm sleepy.

???: Okay, go die and you'll sleep forever. Problem solved.

???: Oi, for the record- Uh, do you feel that?

???: Feel what?

???: Something's up. Sort of like when you're being summoned- Oh, wa-hey, I AM being summoned! NO, WAIT, I WANNA SLEEP! YOU MOTHERFU-!