27

(Jimin's POV)

        It felt odd to be at a karaoke bar listening to Taehyung screech the lyrics to some song when hours before I was in emotional turmoil. It was a big contrast but I was grateful for it.

         "He's just trying to make you laugh, he can actually sing really well." Hoseok said, looking at Taehyung who was screaming into the microphone. I raised an eyebrow as Taehyung picked his next song.

         "Be serious this time, I want to hear it." I smiled widely as he looked away from the tv displaying the lyrics and back at me. He nodded and his demeanor changed from his earlier goofy one. As the song began my eyes widened when his honey like voice followed the melody. I looked at the other three in shock as they all just shrugged nonchalantly. When the song was over my mouth was still agape. "So Jungkook can sing AND Taehyung?!" I shouted in surprise. "Can you guys sing too?!" I looked to Hoseok and Yoongi.

          "I don't sing." Yoongi mumbled scrolling through his phone. He had been on his phone ever since we got into the private room and that was probably for the best since I couldn't even look him in the eye.

             "I don't really sing all too often but I can rap just a little." Hoseok replied and Jungkook rolled his eyes.

            "A little?! Jimin, Yoongi's first sold out single featured Hoseok on it. He's a beast." Jungkook said in pure admiration. Were they all just musically gifted? "The song might be on here, you guys have to do it!" Jungkook encouraged and Yoongi already looked like he was half asleep.

Eventually Taehyung and Jungkook were able to convince the two. The song was amazing but what was more amazing is how they came alive while preforming it. Hoseok was so talented but he was always bubbly and alive so what really captivated me was how he was able to make Yoongi appear the same way through the little performance. Their confidence commanded the room as they rapped. My eyes couldn't leave them. At one point Yoongi had turned and we made eye contact for a second. He smirked with his words and turned away, refocusing on Hoseok. When it was over Hoseok laughed shyly as we began clapping.

They made me sing a song next and I felt especially nervous after seeing how good they all were. I thought this would just be a goofy time but they were all really talented. Taehyung reassured me that it was fine but I was still too nervous.

"I'll do a duet with you, how about that?" Jungkook smiled, handing me a microphone. My face reddened a bit but I agreed and Taehyung and Hoseok rejoiced.

We both went to sit down on the stools near the tv, separate from the couch everyone was sitting on. I set down my crutches as Jungkook picked a slow song that I recognized but I immediately remembered how there was a high note at one point of it. Hopefully that will land on Jungkook.

              I could see that Jungkook was pushing himself. He seemed strained somehow.

             "I used to sing this with my sister." He said slowly and everyone simmered.

             "Are you sure you want me to sing this with you?" I asked nervously. I didn't know how to deal with loss, I didn't know what you were supposed and not supposed to do. Jungkook nodded and the song began.

               Jungkook's voice captivated me again and I tried to keep up with him on the song. It was a beautiful song and I tried my best to embody that. Whenever it was my turn to sing I could feel his eyes on me. He held so much emotion with in his eyes but wore a warm smile, motivating me to keep going. The song was about the end of winter and the start of spring. I tried to imagine Jungkook singing this with his sister while Junghyun smiled happily, all 3 of them one unit...before anything went wrong.