35

(Jimin's POV)

        I heard hushed voices and words but it sounded like a buzz. I tried to focus on them and after a while the words started making sense.

          "Are you sure that's a good idea?"

          "Yes, things like this have happened too many times, we have to take some new measure. It won't fix everything but it will help if something were to happen in the future."

           "I don't want this to ever happen again."

           "Me too, he's been through so much as is."

I tried opening my eyes but there was a light so intense that I had to close them again. I groaned and immediately heard shuffling.

"Jimin? Are you awake? Can you hear me?"

Someone was talking to me, and touching my arm. I tried to respond, or open my eyes again but I felt so tired. To tired to do or say anything so I fell back into a dreamless sleep.

***

My eyelids felt very heavy but eventually I was able to open them. The light hit me again, giving me a pounding headache. I shut my eyes again, but this time I felt more aware. The voices in my ear were crisp instead of foggy like before.

"Jimin? Did you see that? His eyes just fluttered!" The voice was next to my bed in an instant. My throat felt dry, and my head wouldn't stop spinning. I tried to shift before prying my eyes open again. This time I was able to handle the light but I still flinched. I realized the ceiling I was looking up at was not familiar.

"He's awake! Go get the nurse." Someone said. Nurse? "Jimin, can you hear me?" The voice became clearer as it got nearer. I turned my head, which only increased the massive headache. I was finally able to take in the room.

I realized I was in a hospital room. A tv was in a corner but was shut off upon me waking up, I heard other noises but my focus stayed on the very concerned looking Taehyung. He was in a hoodie and sweats but he had slight bags under his eyes and looked like he hadn't slept in ages. Despite this, he looked at me with complete alertness.

"T-Taehyung." My throat was so dry that it was hard to get the words out. He was sitting in a chair near my hospital bed but was immediately at my side.

"Yes baby, it's me." He smiled gently. A wave of relief seemed to wash over him as he held my hand. "How do you feel?"

"Wat-er." I tried to get out. I felt the bed move and I was seated up more.

"Of course!" Taehyung scurried away but was back quickly. I wanted to move my arms but I felt really weak. I could still feel everything though, so at least that was a bonus...well in this moment I wish I couldn't feel, the pain in my head was completely overwhelming. Taehyung held the cup to my lips gently and titled it so I could drink comfortably. My throat burned but eventually started to feel better as I drank. Just as the cup emptied and I wanted to ask for more, my attention was brought to the door that suddenly opened.

A woman I didn't recognize and Jin walked into the room. She was wearing scrubs and a lab coat so I guessed she was a doctor, which she soon confirmed.

"Hello, Jimin, my name is..." the lady started talking but it was hard to focus on her. My jaw hurt too, so did one of my eyes which was hard to fully open. I tried to remember exactly what happened. All I could remember was that angry man charging at me. The lady asked me a lot of questions, simple at first, like what my name was and when was my birthday. She then got more specific and even asked if I recognized the two men in the room. I was able to easily answer all the questions, though my voice was scratchy.