verse three

I'm back at Audrey's apartment.

After the incident at Damon's house, I flew back to her apartment. I'm so angry with him. Not only because he keeps Souls in a dungeon, but also because he disrespected God! How dare he!

But then reality hits me in the face. I fought with the Devil, I almost hit him in the face!

How could I be so stupid?

I didn't even think about it that he is the most dangerous creature on Earth. But it doesn't stop my anger for him.

And I know that those are Souls that he has locked up. Souls that ended up in Hell because they have made mistakes in life. But they don't have to spend eternity in a dungeon, and suffer because they asked forgiveness to God?

Angrily, I sit on the couch, waiting for Audrey to arrive.

That girl is never home. My belly starts to growl. I frown and stand up to walk to the kitchen. I look in the cupboards and draws, but find nothing except chips. I want real food right now. Just when I sit down on the couch again, that's when Audrey walks in.

"Hey! You're still here," she says and walks over. She takes a seat beside me on the couch. I nod and look over to the clock that hangs beside the TV.

It's seven pm. Is it that late already? But when I left the apartment, it was almost noon. I look over to where Audrey is seated.

"Yeah, I'm still here. I wondered if there aren't any restaurants here? Because I'm starving," I say to Audrey. She thinks for a while.

"Well, in the city of the Oldest Souls are some restaurants, but don't expect anything fancy."

"Oh, that's fine! Do you pay here with money?" I ask.

She shakes her head.

"Nope, we have to work in shifts. Satan forces us to work in stores and restaurants for a certain amount of time before someone else has to take over the job. It's my turn to work in two months."

Oh. In Heaven, everything is for free and Angels offer themselves to work at a certain place.

"Would you like to eat something in the city of the Oldest Souls?"

I nod my head. "Yeah sure."

"Is it okay if Evelyn, Steve, and Nate come with us?"

I hesitate. I don't think that they like me. But Audrey looks at me with so much hope in her eyes.

"Yeah, that's fine by me."

"Fantastic! I'll call them."

And with that she walks out of the living room, leaving me alone.

Thirty minutes later, they're all standing in front of the door. When I opened the door they all looked at me with a bored expression, they're not happy to see me. I smile at them, and Evelyn rolls her eyes while Steve grunts annoyed.