verse six

I'm lying on a soft bed. The sheets are heavenly, just like the mattress.

It feels like I'm in Heaven.

God, please take me with you.

I'm so sick of being here in Hell. The pillow feels amazing, it feels like it's made of silk. I open my eyes and look around me in the unknown room. I turn around in the bed, and my eyes meet icy blue ones.

Damon lays beside me, his head is leaning on his hand.

"Hello sunshine," he smirks. I let out a cry and jump upright. But I forgot my pounding head, and with a groan, I bring my hands to my head and massage my temples.

"What am I doing here?" I croak out.

"I found you unconscious in the woods," he says. Damon stands up from the bed and walks to the front of it so that he is facing me.

"And I brought you here so you could heal," he continues. I nod.

"Well, I'm awake now, can I leave?" I ask. He lifts one eyebrow.

"I don't get a 'thank you'?"

"You can forget that," I snarl. I didn't forget what he has done. It's still dark outside when I look out of his giant window. I inhale deeply and start to cough.

I feel a warm hand patting my back. He surprises me by this gesture.

"You're sick," he states.

You're kidding.

I nod and sneeze again. I stand up from the bed, and every step I take hurts. Damon follows me.

"Damon, I think that I should go," I say while rubbing my eyes. He shakes his head determined.

"No. There are two reasons. One, it's dark outside and you can't see a thing, and two, look what happened when you were flying this way. You fainted, and I can't let that happen again."

"I'm not a child," I say rolling my eyes. This causes my head starts to pound harder. "Nah, of course not, but you act like one," he grins.

"Not funny," I mutter, pissed. I cough again and I put a hand on my stomach. Again, I lose balance and I'm about to fall.

But my body never touches the ground.

Two strong arms wrap themselves around me.

"I told you that it's better if you stay here," he mumbles and carries me to the bed.

Without thinking, I wrap my hands around his neck. Right now, I don't care what he's going to think about it, I'm too tired.

"But I want..."

"Shh," he says in my hair. And I fall asleep in his arms, ignoring the fact that they feel amazing.