verse thirty-eight

"Angelina."

I hear a voice. A deep one. A familiar voice...

"Angelina," the voice repeats. "Wake up."

I groan and open my eyes. I'm so tired. I want to go to sleep again.

"Angelina," the voice says, louder this time. Slowly, I look around me and see rays of sunshine. A warmth goes through me, a familiar warmth.

Suddenly, I'm wide awake and sit up.

I'm not in my room. The only thing I can see is a bright light, it's like I'm floating.

"Angelina," the voice repeats. That voice...

"God?" I ask. "Yes," He answers. My eyes fill with tears. "Is it you?" I ask, disbelief clear in my voice.

"Yes, Angelina," He answers. I cover my mouth with my hands. "I've missed you so much," I whisper.

"I know."

I missed His warmth, His company. "Am I back in Heaven?" I ask with a hopeful tone.

"No, Angelina, you're still in the Destruction. I'm contacting you through your thoughts. I have a message for you."

"What is it?" I ask, disappointed because I'm not back in Heaven.

"Don't let Satan seduce you, he wants to convince you to stay there. But you need to stay strong, Angelina. Satan is dangerous, really dangerous. Be careful, don't fall for his trap," He says, making me frown.

Damon is trying to seduce me? "I don't get it. Why is he seducing me?" I frown.

"He is trying to let you see the benefits of the Destruction. Don't believe him, it's a horrible place."

Then why did you send me here?

I nod. I didn't think that Damon would do such a thing.

"Okay, thank you for the warning," I tell Him. "Everything for my Angels and humans," He answers.

"I'll see you back in a month, Angelina."

Slowly, I start to wake up and blink a couple of times with my eyes. I let out a yawn and remember my dream. I sit up in bed and smile.

Did God talk to me? All this time I thought I was alone, but He was watching me.

A warm feeling settles in my chest.

My day can't be ruined anymore. I jump out of my bed and walk to the closet. I take some clothes and freshen myself up in the bathroom, where I change.

When I walk back into the living room, I see Audrey sitting on the couch, with Daphne and Steve sitting on the couch opposite hers.

They all smile at me when they see me. I decide to socialize a bit and take a seat beside Audrey on the couch.

"So..." Daphne begins, a little hesitating, "there's this party tonight..."

The word 'no', is already lying on the tip of my tongue, but the pleading eyes of Daphne stop me.

"...and we wondered if you guys wanted to join?" she asks, with a hopeful tone. The last time I went to a party I had a very intense moment with Damon and got drunk.

"I don't know if it's a good idea for Audrey," I say and glance at her bandage. "I feel a lot better," she says, trying to convince me.

I grit my teeth and glare at her. "Alright," I mumble. Audrey frowns at me.

"You'll come?" Daphne asks. I see Audrey nod enthusiastically. I sigh and think about all the possibilities that could happen.

"I'll go as well," I say, but only for the sake of Audrey. I see Audrey and Daphne get all excited about it.