verse thirty

Fear takes over me, and slowly, I turn around.

When I turn around, my eyes almost fall out of their sockets. Before me, stands a boy.

Excuse me for these words, God, but he's the fattest guy I've ever laid eyes on.

He has a thick neck, curly hair that reaches to his shoulders, and his fat belly falls over his belt. His T-shirt seems too small for his figure, and a piece of bare skin is showing.

And honestly, I have the urge to hug him by just looking at him. He has something cute.

He's like a huge teddy-bear.

"I'm Angelina," I answer, and he nods. He looks lost, and I feel for him.

"And who are you?" I ask. He swallows and nervously looks around him.

"I-I'm Dave," he stutters, and I think he can faint any time now.

"Relax, Dave. You shouldn't be nervous, I won't hurt you," I try to calm him. I have no idea why he's so scared.

He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes for a second.

"I'm so afraid," he whispers. I take a step towards him, and immediately, he opens his eyes and takes a step back. I grin, this reminds me of Damon and me.

"Don't be afraid, I'm an Angel, I really won't hurt you," I repeat. He becomes a little relaxed. He takes another shaky breath, and it looks like he's about to burst out in tears.

"Satan asked for me. He wanted me to come to his house, but he didn't say for what. I think I did something wrong," he says in one breath.

"He's going to put me in the dungeon," he whispers, and a tear rolls down his cheek.

"You don't know that," I say and take another step towards him.

"Why else would he ask me to come? He's going to put me in that horrible place," he sobs and wipes his tears away.

"I won't let that happen," I whisper and slowly walk up to him. I rub my hand up and down his arm, trying to calm him.

I feel so much pity for him.

He seems to realize something.

"You're the Angel?" he asks. I nod.

'Everyone talks about you!' he says, and he seems to forget that he's terrified.

"I hope in a good way," I say with a weak smile.

But I doubt that they're talking about me in a good way. I'm pretty sure that Margot told everyone that stupid lie.

"Depends. Did you sleep with Satan?" he asks.

My smile disappears. That's what I thought.

"No, I didn't sleep with him, he's not my type," I say, but I don't know if that's true. Dave starts laughing.

He's such a cutie!

"Why is everyone talking about it then?" he asks. I shrug.

"Sometimes you think you can trust someone, but then they stab you in the back. Someone who I trusted with my life started the rumor," I say. Dave nods.

"So, you're not as everyone says," he says. I freeze, and all the hairs on my body stand up.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"They say you're someone who pretends to be an innocent Angel, but in reality, you're just a whore," he says, and a guilty look takes over his features.