epilogue

It's a rainy day, and I've noticed Damon's somber mood. He's very quiet, more than usual.

"Is everything alright?" I ask, and take a seat beside him on the couch. He's looking out of the window, and shrugs. 

"Yes," he says, and wraps his arm around my shoulder to pull me closer to him. I frown, wanting to do something to cheer him up a little.

It's been four days since my arrival back in Hell, and I can tell you that they were like Heaven.

Damon has been so sweet and kind to me, I can see he's trying to be the better version of himself.

"I love you," I whisper, and lay my head on his chest. I feel his two lips press against my forehead. 

"I love you too," he whispers back, making me melt. I love it when he says that, it makes me feel so warm and incredibly happy.

I've handled the loss of my wings well, even though I need to get used to the idea of walking.

But knowing that I lost them for the love of my life, makes it all worth it.

I press my lips together and try to think of something that will lighten up Damon's mood.

What makes him happy?

My eyes widen as the realization hits me. "Oh my God," I whisper to myself. 

"I think you meant Devil," Damon replies dryly. I smile and get up from the couch.

"What are you doing?" he asks and looks up to me. A knowing smile comes on my face, and I grab his hand.

"Do you trust me?" I ask. "Of course," he replies immediately. "Then follow me," I say, and tug at his hand.

"Angel..." he trails off. I pout. "You should follow me. I'll make your day better. I'll make you happy, I promise."

"Baby, I'm even happy when I caught a glimpse of those beautiful brown orbs."

A blush appears on my cheeks. "Just stand up!" I whine, and with a chuckle, he does as I say.

"Come on," I say, and drag him behind me as I lead him out of his house, and into the forest.

"Where are you taking me?" he asks and wraps his arm around my waist. I look up at him.

"To a place where you belong."

"I belong with you," he replies and quickly pecks my lips. I blush again. 

"I need to get used to this sweet side of you," I say and slightly shake my head. We walk down the forest, and I try to remember the way as best as I can.

"Then you need to get used to a lot of things, sweetheart."

"You know," I begin, "I never thought I'd fall in love with the Devil."

I hear a chuckle from beside me. "When did you realize you had feelings for me?" he asks curiously. I look up into his beautiful eyes.

"Ever since you comforted me about the loss of my wings. Though I don't know for what part of you I fell," I say dryly. He laughs and leans back down to plant a kiss on my cheek. 

"Why were you so intrigued by me?" I ask.

"I know it sounds cliché, but I liked the fact that you weren't afraid of me. You're so fucking brave, do you know that?" he asks and walks down the path beside me. I smile.

"Believe me, I was scared of a lot of things. But once I knew how broken you were inside, I was prepared to do everything to fix you again," I say. He starts walking behind me as the way narrows a bit.