verse twenty-two

While I wipe my tears away, I fly like some crazy woman to Audrey's apartment. I walk into the building and run upstairs. When I arrive at her door, and I start pounding on the door.

"Audrey!" I scream. My fists pound on it, and when I kick the door, it opens. I push it open and run to the living room.

"Audrey!" I scream and look around. I run to my room.

No Audrey. Then I walk to the kitchen. No Audrey.

The bathroom. No Audrey. Her room. No Audrey.

"No fucking Audrey," I mutter and wipe my tears away, not caring about my use of language.

I rake a hand through my hair. By the time that Steve, Margot, Celine, Nate, and Brett arrive, I've looked everywhere. I sit on the floor, crying when the five Souls come barging in the living room.

"Angelina! You scared us to death! Why did you run away?"

As I want to explain the situation, the only thing I can do is sob.

"Audrey... we have to save her," I sob.

"From who?" Margot asks, confused. I shake my head and try to get a grip on myself. I stand up and again, wipe my tears away.

"From Satan," is the only thing I say.

I stretch my wings and start walking downstairs.

"We're coming with you," Nate says. "The hell you are!" I say, shocking everyone, including myself.

"You guys aren't going to come with me unless you want to end up in the dungeon, where Audrey probably is right now. I don't want that for you guys," I say.

"But what did she do?" Celine asks, finally opening her mouth. "She prayed," I say, not wanting to explain any further. Certainly not because it's all my fault.

They all have a shocked look on their faces.

"But don't worry, I'll save her."

And with that being said I fly away. I try to fly as fast as I can. After five minutes, I arrive at Damon's big house and land on the porch.

With a fast pace, I walk up to the big doors and push them open. I walk into his house and his living room. I spot him at the fireplace, with Ian beside him.

When Damon sees me, he smirks.

"I was wondering when you were going to find out," he says and takes a sip from his whiskey. Ian turns my way, and when he sees me, he narrows his eyes into slits.

"Where's Audrey?" I manage to grit out. "We both know the answer," Damon says.

In the dungeon.

I snicker and clench my fists. "Let her go."

Just like Damon, Ian starts laughing, right in my face.

"You think I'm going to follow some orders from an Angel?" Damon asks mockingly.

Angrily, I set a hand on my hip, and look at the two with disgust in the eyes. Right when I open my mouth to give them a harsh reply, the doors behind me open.

Steve, Daphne, Celine, and Nate walk in with a worried expression on their faces.

"Angelina! Can you please explain what's going on?" Steve asks loudly.

"Yes, Angelina, explain it to them," Damon says, with a challenging tone.

Seeing white from rage, I turn to look at him and point a finger at him.

"Can you please shut up? You're starting to get on my nerves," I snarl to him. His smirk only widens.

"Angelina, be careful with what you say," Daphne says from behind me.

I take a deep breath before hell will break loose.