verse forty

I feel something tickle my legs, making me giggle as I slowly open my eyes. I look down, and my eyes grow wide.

Nate is taking off my pants, and I see my shirt is lying on the ground. I'm only in my lingerie, and immediately I start panicking and whimpering.

Nate looks up and smirks.

"Babe, I see you've woken up," he says.

Once my pants are taken care of, he throws my pants away and pulls on his turn his shirt off. My heart starts beating faster.

"Stop," I beg, and watch him taking his pants off, which leaves him in only his boxers.

"Let's finish what we started yesterday," he says and comes lying on top of me. My hands land on his shoulder, and I try to push him away, but to no avail.

I try everything I can, but he's too strong. 'Please, don't do this to me,' I sob, but I know it's useless. "Angel, you have to enjoy," he says and kisses my cheek.

"Just enjoy it."

His hands roam over my body, and he touches everything while he kisses me. I writhe, punch, and kick, but nothing helps. After some time, I start feeling numb and let the tears fall freely over my cheeks.

Nate kisses me and touches me everywhere while my hands lay beside me. Nate kisses my jaw, neck, and collarbone, and trails lower.

When his hands touch my breasts, I close my eyes and pray for God to take my life this instant if this is what my life will look like.

His lips land on my belly, and I feel his hands grab my ass.

A sob leaves my mouth, and I feel so incredibly dirty. I start feeling disgusted toward my own body.

Nate kisses my lips again, while he moves against me. "Stop," I whimper. I don't even recognize my voice.

"Angel, you feel so good," he moans. I'm glad he kept his boxers on. "Your body is perfect, everything is perfect," he whispers and kisses the skin under my ear. "Stop," I repeat, but start losing hope.

Suddenly I hear something creak, but I'm too afraid to look up.

Suddenly Nate has pulled away from me, and I hear a loud thud, followed by a whine and a harsh slap.

"Fucking hell," I hear him groan.

I don't dare to move.

Carefully I open my eyes, my sight blurry through my tears. The first thing I see is the ceiling, and when my eyes wander across the room I meet a pair of other orbs.

The icy blue eyes of Damon look at me, studying me. Relief washes through me; seeing his eyes is such a calming thing.

"Damon?" I ask, afraid it's a dream. Nate lays on the ground, his hand on his jaw. I'm so confused.

What happened?

"The one and only," he says and smiles. Hearing his voice causes me to find the strength to sit up, and he walks toward me.

The first thing he does is wrap his arms around me, and without hesitating, I wrap my arms around his neck.

"I'm so scared," I cry against his chest. "Relax, I've got you," he whispers in my hair.

I look up, into his eyes. They calm me down, and I've never been happier to see him.

His fingers grip my chin, tilting my head up a little. His eyes scan my body, ignoring my lack of clothes completely.

He sees the bruises on my stomach, the red fingerprints on my wrists and neck. And then to my bruised jaw and cheek. And then he glances at the wound at my temple.