verse thirty-two

Two days have passed, and I'm still not over the fact they tried to cut my wings off. Steve, Daphne, and Nate stopped by to say hi, and I told them everything. Right now, I'm lying in bed, just like the past two days, and stare out of the window, wrapped in the white sheets.

I'm frustrated that I'm hurt about the fact that Damon and I don't hang out anymore. And it frustrates me because I don't know why.

I hear the door behind me open.

I haven't had the chance to rescue Audrey either. Every time I wanted to sneak into Damon's house, there was a party or just some of the Oldest Souls, discussing rules with him.

"Angelina?" the voice of Nate asks. I hum instead of answering. I hear footsteps walk in the direction of the bed, and Nate appears in my field of view. He takes a seat beside me on the bed.

"How are you?" he asks.

"Better," I answer honestly. I don't feel as horrible anymore as two days ago. But then I come to realize that in two days, I'll be here for a month. It surprises me I could endure this month.

"That's good," he says and looks nervously around him.

I frown. "Is there something wrong?" I ask him, and he shakes his head.

"I was wondering..." he begins. I raise my eyebrows.

"There's a party at the house of a good friend of mine, and I wondered if you'd like to go there with us?" he asks with a hopeful look in the face. A party... should I accept his invitation?

Maybe Evelyn and Margot would be there...

I almost gag at the thought.

But I don't want to disappoint Nate, the look in his eyes is so cute.

"Alright," I whisper. "I can't stay inside of this room forever," I say, and he laughs.

Later that night I'm standing with Nate, Steve, and Daphne in front of a giant house in the city of the Oldest Souls

I'm wearing some black pants, with a white hoodie. I pulled the cap over my head, in case that I run into Souls I'd rather not see right now.

It's a big mansion. I almost thought it would be Dracula's castle.

We step inside, and the smell of alcohol and sweat hits my nose. I grimace as we walk to the table where all the alcohol is available.

Except for me, of course. When I don't pay attention for a moment, I've already lost Daphne, Steve, and Nate in the crowd of dancing Souls. This is going to be a long night...

 This is going to be a long night