verse thirty-nine

As I start walking faster, all kinds of scenarios go through my head. Ian who wants to get his revenge on me, or maybe a guy who saw me and wants to do horrible things to me?

All those thoughts go on and make me walk faster and faster. I jump over fallen trees, but as I pass one of the trees, I fall over one of the branches.

I curse under my breath.

Typical.

As soon as my body collides with the ground, I struggle to get back up. Thank God there's nothing wrong with my foot.

But right when I'm about to walk further, I'm being grabbed by my waist. I want to scream, but there's a hand placed over my mouth.

I kick, push, punch and pull, but to no avail. To lips are placed against my ear.

"Shut up," a familiar voice hisses against my ear. It's a male. I frown and kick my elbow on the person's side.

His grip loosens, and I know to turn around, which is a little hard. And when I see the person who's holding me, I breathe out in relief.

"Nate?" I ask. I thought for a moment it was one of the Oldest Souls, even Ian, but to my relief it's Nate.

The look on his face tells me something is going on. And before I can say anything, I feel a fist collide with my head, making everything go black.

 And before I can say anything, I feel a fist collide with my head, making everything go black

I wake up with a terrible headache. I'm placed on something hard, and a piece of cloth is lying on top of me.

Carefully, I open my eyes and blink a couple of times. My throat feels dry, and when I look around I see I'm in a tiny room.

The bed I'm on, is standing by the wall, in the corner is a toilet, with a sink next to it. At the end of the bed, there's a wooden table, and the only light in the room is through the tiny crack in the wooden ceiling.

A tiny ray of light knows to find its way in the room, and I'm wondering what I'm doing here.

When I want to push myself up, I feel a liquid slide down on my head. I lift my hand and bring it to my temple.

My finger is covered in blood when I look back. It seems that I have a wound.

The memory comes back. I was walking through the forest and someone followed me.

The last thing I remember is that Nate was the one holding me, and him punching me.

I frown. Why would Nate do that? I didn't do anything to him. I stand up from the bed, my body feels too heavy for me.

With a lot of force, I manage to reach the door and wrap my fingers around the doorknob. I try to open it, but fail. I try again, but end up with the same result.

My head is so hazy, making me stumble backward.

My sight becomes blurry, and when I look up to the tiny crack in the roof and see a shadow move. I walk toward it, and stand on my tiptoes, peeking through the tiny crack. I only get to see a wall and for the rest of the ceiling.