verse fifty-one

Right before me, I see the gun piercing through the air. I start running faster, and I know just in time to stretch my wings when I arrive at Damon. I feel a sharp pain shoot through my spine.

"Angel!" Damon screams and grabs me. I fall against him, and when I glance beside me I see the rest of my wings turning black. I scream out in pain and hold tightly onto Damon who pulls me close against him on his turn.

I arch my back and feel how my wings are ripped away from me.

"Angel!" Damon yells, and I see his eyes turn glossy. I smile weakly at him.

"I love you."

I'm surrounded by something warm, and it feels like I'm home

I'm surrounded by something warm, and it feels like I'm home. "Angelina," a deep voice says. With a deep breath, I force my eyes open and see light all around me. I'm floating between the clouds.

"God?" I ask. "Yes, Angelina," He says, and I feel a warm rush go through me. "Am I dead?" I ask. I hear a short chuckle. 

"No, Angelina. You're not. You're still in Lucifer's arms. I disconnected your Soul from your body," he answers. My eyes widen.

"Alright..."

He continues. "I know everything that happened when you were in the Destruction."

My cheeks turn a deep red. "I know, God. I'm so sorry..."

He silences me. "No, Angelina. I'm proud of you. I sent you down there with a mission."

At that moment I'm too speechless to bring anything out and furrow my eyebrows.

"W-what?" I ask. 

"When you arrived in Heaven I immediately recognized him in you. You both had something in common. You both were misunderstood. You did things out of rage, things you didn't intend to do," He says. I swallow.

"I would never send one of my Angels to the Destruction. But I saw something in you. You're incredibly brave, you protect those you care about and aren't afraid to say what's on your mind."

I don't know what to say, so I decide to keep my mouth shut. "I knew you would stir something inside Lucifer. And I'm very grateful for that. Lucifer loves you, and you love him. You gave up your wings for him."

Unconsciously, I bring my hand up to my shoulder and think of my wings.

"Did I lose them?" I ask. 

"Yes, Angelina. The bullet went into your wings. William didn't listen to me and continued with his deed. William does a lot of things I don't approve, and he can't be envious sometimes, and yet he isn't a bad Angel. He wants to do the right thing, but sometimes in the not so right way."

I enjoy His warmth and sigh in happiness. "I'm happy to be back," I admit.

"I'm going to ask you a question, Angelina."