𝐇.𝐎 - 𝟎𝟗

════ ♛♛♛ ════
ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: ᴋʜᴀʟɪʟ's ʜᴏᴜsᴇ
ᴛɪᴍᴇ: 7:50 ᴘᴍ
ᴘᴏᴠ: ɴᴀʀʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
════ ♛♛♛ ════
ℕ𝕠𝕨 ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘: 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐛𝐨𝐲 - 𝐔𝐧𝐣𝐮𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐦𝐞

After a long day of restocking Ariana's wardrobe the two walked back in to Khalil's home carrying bags.

He'd bought everything she looked at hoping she'd exchange his money with her love but that wasn't the case. After their talk the day before and all the generous gifts Ariana was still on edge around him.

He watched with a frown as she walked silently up the stairs with the bags in her hand without a simple "thank you" or smile.

A normal routine for them. Separate sides in the giant house, the fear of the unknown keeping them apart.

Ariana trailed the empty hall down to the bland room she'd been staying in. Khalil bought her decorations to make it feel like home but home is where the heart is.

She hated being there. She hated being away from her father and she hated being around someone so "crazy".

Every door and window locked, every chance she got to escape only brought her back to square one.

She sat on the ground and went through the bag with acetone and nail polish. Silently weeping reminiscing on the old days when her father used to paint her toes when she was younger.

Wishing she could call her dad to come save her right now.

15 minutes passed by and Khalil had brung the last of her bags in all alone. Now he was tired and hungry.

He jogged up the stairs with his phone in hand and went down to Ariana's room.

"I'm hungry as hell, pizza or-" He stopped himself quickly seeing tears streaming from Ariana's face as she shakily repainted her toes.

Quickly going over to her he bent to her level and wiped her tear stained cheeks. Compassion had never been his thing but he found himself wrapping his arms around her.

He didn't even ask why she was crying. He knew the answer.

He wanted so bad for this to work but he was giving up on it. She'd be the first victim he'd let go alive, because he did genuinely like her and seeing her hurt was hurting him.

Wasn't much he could do. If there's no love, there's no love.

"I'll send you back this week." Khalil finally spoke untangling his arms from around her.

She looked up at him with a confused look wiping her nose. "You what?"

He shrugged his shoulder scooting to her foot. He grabbed her foot and the polish and began finishing what she had started.

"Flight back to houston. And you can take everything with you to replace what I lost."

You could hear the hurt in his voice but he spoke nonchalantly painting her toes neatly.

"You're dad used to do this right? My sister made me do it too."

"If you let me go... What about you?"

"What you mean what about me? That don't mean nothing to you."

She stayed silent seeing he was getting mad.

"If you snitch, I go to jail. If you don't I thug it out alone. Shit it don't matter to me. I see can't nobody love me, I give up."

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲

𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞? 😗