Chapter 3

His face was serious as he checked the room carefully, but it was empty. There was no footprints left by the door or on the windows also there was no trace of being broken into.

What's more is that he has always been vigilant, even if he is feverish and drowsy it is impossible to completely fall asleep, causing someone to come in without him knowing it.

The same is true for zamon (wooden door/ firewood door), the stuffed straw is strong and dense and it looks normal. On the contrary, it can really block a bit of cold wind also there was no force entry at all.

This is incredible!

Lu Huan suddenly wondered whether he was still feverish and had hallucinations, but as he raised his hand to touch his forehead it was cold.

Or-he was so burnt last night that he got out of bed and repaired the door while he was half awake? He was planning to fill the gap in the firewood door as soon as possible, but he was too tired recently, so it was delayed for quite a while.

But no matter what he thought, it still doesn't make sense.

Lu Huan stared at the mattress, and then at the obviously repaired door. His dark eyes were on guard, but he hadn't found any more suspicious things for the time being so he could only give up temporarily.

He just walked to the closet and from the bottom of the worn clothes, found a sharp-shaped dagger made of stone and placed it in a gap in the wall under the bed.

The urging sound of two servants resounded outside the door again.

Today is the day when the family members of the children of King Ning's Mansion went to the ancestral hall to worship their ancestors. The broken courtyard where Lu Huan was living in was by the company of his subordinates. Early in the morning, all the noises of killing chickens and sheep were heard.

Although he was a bastard, but the ancestors had to go to and offer sacrifices to avoid leaving any further words.

Lu Huan washed his face with cold water and after the typhoid fever's traces had faded from his forehead, he went out.

He has long been used to seeing the eyes of the people along the way, so he can't avoid it.

Due to snow the water in the ancestral hall of King Ning's Mansion was long been frozen and was bitterly cold.

The concubine was not allowed to enter the ancestral hall of the General House, so he had to kneel outside the gate. In total, his three or two pieces of clothing were very thin, not only patched, but also a lot smaller for him because his slender joints that grew from being a juvenile can be seen. The cuffs and ankles showed his pale skin, and they were in the muddy water on the ground which was wet with snow water, and was frozen white by the cold wind.

It took a full half an hour before the two blue sedan chairs with a vermilion lacquer silver roof arrived late and stopped at the main hall of the ancestral hall.

Two young men who were a few years older than Lu Huan which had luxurious clothes and stepped out of the sedan.

The shorter one is Lu Wenxiu. He glanced at Lu Huan and hummed softly in his nose.

Yesterday, he found a reason to teach Lu Huan a lesson, thinking that he would be lying in bed today and couldn't get up. As a result, he didn't expect that this hard bone was so tough that he can still work.

When he saw Lu Huan's straight back on the sedan chair, it was very unpleasant to his eyes.

As he was staring at Lu Huan, he was getting angrier. When he looked at him more, even though his clothes were thin and his cheeks were pale with cold. He will find a way to continue to teach this third brother a lesson.