S E V E N

Days pass quickly, each one inevitably filled to the brim with Niall. He had of course taken me to the typical places we had always enjoyed. Oh, well, by we I mean him. In the past five days, I've been dragged to the zoo, the aquarium, and bloody Nando's. I wasn't sure how much longer I could take this obvious, pathetic, attempt to relive the past.

"What about tomorrow, Princess? What should we do tomorrow?" Niall asks as we drive along in the dark of the night.

"I don't know," I say, annoyed.

"Maybe we could go to the cinema? Haven't been there yet."

"Maybe..." I say looking out the window, obviously uninterested.

"What would you like to do?" He says, his grip tightening on the steering wheel.

"Does it matter?"

"Emma." He says pulling over, "I don't appreciate the fucking attitude. If you have something to say, say it." He parks the car roughly, putting the gear shift in park angrily.

"Are you kidding me?" I say turning to look at him.

"No, I'm not fucking kidding you. What is wrong with you?" He says facing me.

"You really want to know?"

'Calm down Emma, don't do this now'. I say to myself, but the anger is so red hot I can't even think.

"Yes, I really want to know." Niall says turning to face me.

"Why are you trying so bloody hard to relive the past?"

"What!? What the bloody hell are you talking about?" He sounds bewildered, but it's so dark in the car I can't really make out his face.

"Seriously? What am I talking about? You've taken me to every single place we've been to when I was little. You've tried acting like nothing has changed!"

"So what!? I can't act like I did before?"

"No! You can't!" I say, my hands flailing along with my angry voice.

"And why is that, Emma? Why can't I act like nothing has changed?"

"Because it has! Everything has bloody changed, Niall! You can't leave for eight fucking years and expect everything to remain the fucking same!"

"What is it that's changed then, Emma. Enlighten me, please! I'm all fucking ears!"

He hits his hand against the steering wheel, setting me off. How dare he! He doesn't deserve to get mad at me!

"Me, I've changed! I'm not the same little girl you left behind!" I scream so angry that I can barely see straight, "I love you! I've been loving you for the past eight years!! I fucking love you! And you don't fucking see it!"

Oh, fuck.

Even in the darkness I could see his mouth wide open in surprise and his eyes go about double their size.

"What did you say?"

Fuck, fuck, fuck. What did I do?

"You heard me." I say, regretting everything instantaneously.

"You..."

"Yeah. I do." Fuck. Well Janice, one problem down, a thousand to go.

"Um..." He starts the car and goes back onto the main road, ignoring the sight of me. "I think I should take you home."

"We're not even going to talk about this?" I say rather pathetically, I was already verbally beating myself up mentally.

"Emma." He says in a very soft tone of voice, "There's nothing to talk about."