F I F T Y - N I N E

By evening we have to muster the will to get out of our cocoon and make dinner. The sun has set, the house is dark and lit by the starlight that was sneaking in through the half shut blinds.

I smile as Niall leads me out of his room, into the spacious hallways, down the wooden stairs, and finally into the beautifully put together kitchen. He picks me up and places me upon his smooth black ceramic island, smiling, and kissing me before finally heading to the shiny silver fridge and pulling out food.

"I'm starving." I say, kicking out my bare feet.

He watches me through his eyelashes, trying to focus on putting together some kind of meal that will actually satiate us after not eating the entire day, "How does a pizza sound?"

"You have all the ingredients for a pizza?"

"No. But the place I'm about to call does."

I laugh loudly as he watches me from the other side of the kitchen. He shakes his head and smirks, "You know, I never thought my clothes would look better on you."

I look down at the flannel shirt he had given me and smile, "Well, I do have the better shape."

"That you do." He walks towards me, that flicker in his eyes. His chest was bare, his arms flexing as they tried to pick me up off the counter.

I jump off, barely resisting temptation, "Oh no you don't. You promised me food. And until I get it, I'm off limits."

"Princess." He pleads playfully walking behind me.

"No. Order the pizza and then we'll talk."

He huffs, put pulls out his phone. "Okay. I'm ordering it with meat and veggies then."

"No onion."

"But, I like onion."

"Ah, but onion does not like you." I say kissing him on the cheek and walking towards the staircase.

"Where are you going?"

"I have to call dad."

"You still haven't called him?"

I turn to look at him with a very irked look and reply, "Where have I been all day? What have I been doing all day?"

He smile sheepishly, "I'll leave you to it then."

I smile to myself, heading up the stairs and hearing him mutter into the phone. As I pick up my own phone and dial dad, I can't help but think what dad would think of all this.

Okay, so yes. He had told me to go, to be with Niall. But now that we're here, now that I'm with him...what exactly is dad thinking? Is he really okay with all of this?

"Hello?"

I smile, it felt as if I hadn't heard dad's voice in forever.

"Hi dad."

"Baby! How are you? Are you alright? Where have you been sleeping? Have you been sleeping?"

"Dad. Slow down."

"Emma, are you okay?"

I don't even think before saying, "Yes."

"Are you happy?"

"Yes."

He chuckles, "Are you still in Ireland?"

"Yes."

"When are you coming home?"

"Well, I think we're leaving in the morning."

"Oh." He breathes out, "I thought I had more time."

"More time for what?"

"Um, well..." I can imagine him leaning against our counter, nervously running his hand through his disheveled, long curly, brown hair. And I smile even harder. I really did miss dad.

"Well?"

"I thought I would have a little bit more time to...well...I don't know...adjust?"

"Dad, I think that'll take more than a few days."

"Is that Emmie?" I hear in the background on the other line, and already I know it's Ollie.

"Yes." Dad says off to the side.

"Emmie! Help! I haven't eaten in three days!" Ollie yells.

"Dad!" I yell. "Didn't I tell you not to make the bloody mac and cheese?"

"I didn't make the mac and cheese." Dad says guiltily.

"Yes he did!"

"What about mum, why didn't she make dinner?"

"Well, since I've been such an arse lately, I decided to let her have the next few weeks off. I took on all the chores."

"But dad, Ollie needs to eat."

"I'll make pancakes then." He says cheerily.

"No, dad. He needs to eat-"

"Do you want pancakes, bud?" Dad says interrupting me and obviously turning to Ollie.

"Yes!" My little brother says excitedly. I could hear him scurrying off to find the ingredients.

"Ems, you'll be back tomorrow night then?"

"Maybe the morning after? It is a long drive."

"Hmm. We made it back in a day."

"Dad, please."

"Alright. Alright. We'll talk when you get back...be safe." He says in a shakily stern tone. I could feel myself flush at those last few words.

"I...yeah. Okay." I mutter.

"I love you."

"I love you too, dad. See you in a day or two."

As I make my way to the door, Niall step into the room, crossing his arms and leaning against the doorframe. He looks at me, that dangerous flicker lit by the starlight peeking into the room, "Where do you think you're going."

"Niall." I warn, "Pizza should be here soon shouldn't it?"

"In an hour."

"Let's head back downstairs then." I say walking towards him, ready to push him to get through the door.

But he doesn't let me. Instead he leans in and whispers in my ear, "Nah." Before picking me up, throwing me over his shoulder, and throwing me upon his bed. He chuckles as I look up at him breathlessly. "You are never leaving this bed." He mutters, kissing my neck.

"But food." I say hugging him to me.

"I'll bring it to you."

"Oh, never mind them. Keep me here forever."

"Forever?" He says looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Forever." I reassure him.

"Oh god." He says, brushing my hair away from my face as he lays beside me, "Look what you've done to me."

I smile, "What?"

"I don't think I'll ever leave this place."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"Fuck no." He replies with a cocky smirk.

"Then why do you say that?"

"The fact that I find nothing wrong in wanting to spend every minute of my life in this bed with you, don't you think that's a little off?" He says with an amused look on his face.

"You do realize you're speaking to the person who would happily do the same thing."

"True."

"Then?" I ask.

"I guess we'll just have to keep takeout menus in the dresser drawers."

I laugh, curling into his warm side. His plan didn't sound too bad. I would happily spend the rest of my life, in this bed, beside the one man I have ever loved, basking in the light of the beautiful night sky.