T W E N T Y - N I N E

So we had decided. We had decided, and I knew that Niall wouldn't turn back now. We were going to tell dad. Dad was going to know.

As much as I tried to mentally prepare myself, I just couldn't. But I knew it had to be done.

I lay back on Niall's couch, the plush pillows propped neatly behind me as my legs rest in his lap. My mind races as his fingers drum lightly on the side of my bare leg. He's on the phone with Uncle Louis, has been for the past half hour.

They don't sound angry, and it doesn't sound like an argument. They were only exchanging pleasantries. But when Niall asked him, "Would you mind coming over to Harry's for Sunday dinner, mate?" I could practically feel the awkwardness of the silence over the phone.

"So yeah? Yeah. At four. Great, mate. Yeah, ace."

He hangs up, placing his cell on the end table next to him and turning to look at me. I lift my head slightly, "What did he say?"

"He said yes. Fucking suspicious he was, but glad to have an excuse to leave the house since El and Ellie left for a weekend at the in-law's"

"So he said yes?" I ask once more.

He smiles wearily "Princess, you need to relax."

I breathe out loudly, "I think it's a bit much too complicated to say I need to relax."

He lifts his brow at me and says with a smirk, "We have approximately..." He stops to look at his shiny Rolex and looks back up at me, "twenty-four hours of freedom. Are we going to waste it fretting?"

"You sure like to calculate time." I mutter.

"Are we going to waste our day away?" He says nudging my legs off his, getting up and pulling me up to face him, "Let's do something fun, eh?"

"Like what?"

"Do you want to go out?"

"The zoo?" I smirk.

"No" He ignores my pointed sarcasm, "maybe..."

"Maybe?"

"The cinema? There's a great movie that's come out."

"I guess...well...it is dark in there."

"Did you tell your dad you were with me?"

"Yeah, that we were going out."

"Okay, then we can go to the cinema, no misunderstandings if anyone were to see."

"I guess."

"Maybe sneak in a kiss or two?" He says pulling me towards him. My heart races as my lips make contact with his, his tongue slipping into my mouth, my hands already clinging to him desperately.

As he pulls away I mutter, "We could just stay here."

"No chance." He says walking to get his keys. "Too dangerous." He winks at me and my heart stops. It stops completely.

"Why is it too dangerous?" I try, walking up to him.

He steps away with a smile, "Watch it princess, I know what you're playing at. You're playing with fire."

I lean into him, and he doesn't step away now. My hands lay firmly on his chest as I get on the tips of my toes to whisper in his ear, "Aren't I fireproof?" I kiss the side of his neck, getting a heavenly whiff of his cologne and stop myself from going any further.

Instead, I step away, grab my jean jacket off the kitchen seat and head towards the door. I turn back to look at him finally, and am pleased to see that he's leaning against the counter, flushed, and looking as if he needed to catch his breath, "Weren't we going?" I say pointedly.

He clears his throat, "Yeah...yeah."

It's funny. As nervous as he made me, as frantic as I was about...doing things you do in a relationship...I hadn't realized that maybe he was just as nervous. That I made him just as flustered.

It was beautiful, really, to think that I had the same effect on him as he had on me.

–❈–

The cinema was relatively empty for a Saturday afternoon. Perhaps it was the sunny weather, people wanted to be outside and not cooped up inside. But sitting in the cool darkness with Niall's arm wrapped around my shoulder, I couldn't think of anywhere better to be.

"Did you see that?" He whispers, tilting his head towards my ear.

'Unfair' I thought to myself. It was utterly unfair, that even in the cover of darkness, the outline of his face could have my heart beating wildly.

I nod, trying to compose myself. There were still people sitting below us, in the seats in the front. I am tempted, so tempted to lean my face in and kiss him. To jump over the arm rest and settle in his lap, kissing him for the remainder of the film.

Mad, I have gone mad.

"Wow." He mutters, obviously enthralled with the film while I am completely entertained with the idea of him. "Emma?" His face comes in closer, and oh. Oh. I...I lean in more, hoping, waiting.

Warm lips pressed against mine, a surprised semi-gasp escaping my mouth as he roughly kisses me, as if he had been waiting forever to do so. My hand tilts his face directly onto mine, I could feel him smiling as he pulled me closer to him.

Normal. This was a normal date. Yes. Normal was fucking amazing.

As awkward as the armrest was, I was still able to press myself against him. I could feel his fingers slip from my shoulders to around my waist. Hot skin penetrating my thin cotton shirt. My hand wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer to me. Kisses, passionate and deep kisses. Full and lush, soft sweeps of tongues and seductive biting of lips.

"Fuck." Niall whispers. He looks at me, biting his probably reddened lower lip.

I simply pout at the loss of contact. He smirks, the light of the movie illuminating that cocky smirk as he traces my lips slightly with his thumb.

"This is getting bad, princess." He whispers.

"How could any of this be bad?" I ask, stopping his hand and leaning in once more, my lips grazing his ever so slightly. He groans.

"Emma. It's bad. So. Very. Bad." He says breathlessly as I move to flutter kisses upon his neck and collarbone.

"Doesn't it feel good though?" I whisper in his ear, my warmth breath making him shiver.

Where was this coming from? Me? Being the flirty one? Oh, how the tables had turned.

"Yeah." He says nervously now.

"But, maybe you're right." I say, sitting back into my seat properly.

He sighs, "Fuck. You are fucking evil."

I giggle as he wraps his arm around me once more, kissing the top of my head.

This. This was perfect. Utterly perfect.

–❈–

I keep thinking about today as if it were going to be the last good day. As if today was the last day we'd spend like this.

But it can't be, right? Today can't be the last good day. We were going to have a countless amount of good days. Good days, amazing days, normal days. We still have so many more days to spend together.

Don't we?