T W E N T Y

When I finally awaken it's about noon. I sigh loudly, knowing that we would have to leave soon to make it back home before it was sundown.

I turn to look at Niall, still snoring peacefully and basking in the warmth of the sun that managed to creep in through the blinds. I smiled and couldn't resist kissing his cheek, carefully, so that I wouldn't wake him.

I get up quietly to use the loo and at least try to look as if I had slept more than five hours. After running my fingers through my hair and slipping my jumper back on, I decide it's the best I can do and slip back into the room. I notice that Niall was finally waking up and jump upon the bed before he actually realizes that I was gone.

"Good morning, princess." He says placing a hand upon my cheek. I smile as he brings me closer to him, embracing me once more.

I scrunch my nose and jokingly say, "Morning breath."

He smirks at me and gets up in a single motion, heading towards the loo.

As I lay back onto the bed, waiting for Niall to come back, I pull my phone off the nightstand. I hadn't checked it since last night, and quite frankly mum and dad might be a bit worried.

I turn it on, expecting perhaps a voice mail or a text, but instead am faced with no new messages, no missed calls, and no voice mails.

"Weird." I mutter as I look at the screen.

"What's that?" Niall says closing the door to the loo and walking over to me.

I shake my head, "Nothing. Are we heading out?"

He checks the time on his Rolex, nodding, "Yeah, we should be checking out." He grabs his now dry shirt off the windowsill and puts it on very, incredibly slowly.

"Did anyone call you?" I ask looking away.

He finishes putting on his shirt and immediately pulls out his phone from his back pocket, "No. Nothing."

"Oh, okay. Well, let me call dad then."

"Alright, I'll go check out and come back up when everything's all set." He kisses me on the cheek.

As he leaves the room I dial dad. The phone rings and is answered almost immediately, "Hi, baby!"

"Hi dad." I say with a smile, I couldn't help it.

"How's it going?"

"Oh, well we stopped for the night. Quite a storm there was."

"Where did you stop?"

"Wolverhampton."

"That's far!"

"We stopped at a little inn."

'The cutesy one by the edge of town?"

I furrow my brow, "How did you know?"

"Your Aunt Sophia's sister owns it."

"Really? I've never met her." I say with a very bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. I try to keep my voice calm, although it was getting more difficult by the second.

"Oh, well tell her I say hello! It's been quite a long time. Haven't seen her since Connor was born."

"Okay, if I recognize her I'll do that."

"When will you be home?" I could hear the banging of pots and pans in the background, and knew immediately that he was in charge of making lunch today.

"In the late afternoon, and don't make mac and cheese again Ollie really hates it."

He sighs loudly before chuckling, "You know me too well. I'll see you later, Ems."