F I F T Y - E I G H T

While Niall goes to sleep almost immediately, I stay awake. It's not that I'm not tired, it's that I want to savor this moment for as long as I possibly can. But I know that won't be for long. The journey was long, the days have been stressful, and I haven't been at peace long enough to get more than three hours of sleep a night.

And while sleep is getting the best of me as well, at least I can close my eyes, lay my head on his chest and fall asleep to the beating of his heart.

If this is a dream, I don't want it to end.

I could live in it every night for the rest of my life.

–❈–

"For the love of God, please turn that fucking cell phone off."

I awaken to the sound of his raspy Irish accent, and almost bolt up immediately, "Niall?"

"What, princess?" He yawns, and tries not to open his eyes. He furrows his brow, "Can you please, please, turn off the phone?"

"Phone?"

"Yes, the thing that's been ringing all morning."

He tries to turn over, but I stop him. I untangle myself from the sheets and end up climbing upon him, straddling him, and showering him with kisses, "I found you. I found you!" I say laughingly.

He chuckles, "Ems, what did you think? It was all a dream?"

I stop for a second and look into his eyes, "It felt like it."

"You've been through a lot haven't you?"

I feign anger as I look at him, "Well, you did just up and bloody leave. How do you suppose I felt? You left!"

"Princess."

"Oh, Emma, I'll never leave. I'll always be here." I say in my mock Irish accent.

"I do not sound like that!"

"I don't sound like that!" I say widening my eyes and getting into his face, continuing my faux accent. He tips me over, pinning me onto the bed. Oh, he's fully awake now.

"I told you I don't sound like that." He snarls.

"Maybe I forgot what you sounded like since you left me for so long." I say coyly.

He smirks, "It was what, like three days?"

"You didn't have to make the journey."

"Yeah, but I had to wait, and I didn't know how long either. It could have been days," He kisses my cheek, "It could have been weeks," He kisses my forehead, "It could have been months," He kisses my other cheek, grazing it ever so slowly, "Why, princess, you might not have come at all." He presses his lips to mine, slowly kissing me. He slips his tongue into my mouth and I let out a moan. I could feel him smiling against my lips, and before I protest he pulls back and finishes what he was saying, looking at me questioningly. "Aren't I right?"

"Hmm?" I say, still obviously wanting more and dazed from what I had received.

"Never mind." He says chuckling and releasing my wrists. He gets off of me, settling back onto his own side of the bed. But I have other plans for him.

I hug him, my whole body wrapped tightly around him. I feel him tense, because I think he just realized I had shed all my clothes last night, and I fell asleep with only my undies on.

"Ems?"

"Yes?"

"What are you doing?"

"Hugging you."

"Ah. Well. Can you put some clothes on to do that?"

"Why?" I ask obliviously. I sit up and unwrap myself from the covers. "Am I bothering you?"

He looks at me, gulping, "Just a tad."

"Oh, well...I guess I should then." I get up slowly, so incredibly slowly. But before I even make it two steps towards my piled of disheveled clothes, I feel his hands wrap around my waist and pull me back onto the bed.

"You know what?" He says as I laugh loudly. He lays me back onto the bed, climbing on top of me and pressing his body to mine.

"What?"

"You don't need clothes."

"Why is that?"

He smirks cockily, "You're about to find out."

But as he starts butterflying kisses upon my neck, my phone starts blaring loudly.

"Noooo." He mutters into my collarbone.

I move to get up and he pleads, "Please, let it ring."

"Didn't you say it's been ringing all morning."

He sighs, "Yeah."

Finally, I manage to untangle myself from him and our bed, and pick up my phone, "Hello?"

"Emma! What happened!?" Janice's voices is a mix between anger and worry. And I realize I hadn't called her to let her know I had made it safely to Niall's.

"I...I'm with Niall."

"Since when." She says in an eerily calm voice, one much different than just moments ago.

"Since last night." I wince, ready for her to scream.

"AND YOU DON'T CALL ME!?"

"I forgot! I got caught up in the moment!"

"I bet."

"I'm sorry."

"Yeah. Well..."

"Well?"

"Are you happy?"

I smile, "Yes."

"Then I guess that's all that matters. Just please, give your dad a call. I'm heading back to the Hills in a few hours. Your dad's coming to get me."

"Oh, okay."

"I'm guessing you're not coming with me."

I turn to look at Niall, and he winks. He fucking winks. And I swear to you I don't know whether my heart stopped or it was going at such an inhuman speed that it just went into cardiac arrest.

"N-No." I stutter.

"Well, please get home safely. And please..." She clears her throat, "Be safe."

"Yes, well, I have to go."

"Wow, already?"

"Already."

"Making up for lost time?"

"Shut up."

"Well I'll leave you two to it. Love you, Ems."

"You too, Jan."

And before I even put my phone back onto the wooden table, I feel his strong arms wrap around my waist. My breath catches and as if I wasn't having enough trouble keeping my sanity his husky voice whispers in my ear, "Where were we then?"

–❈–

Hours after, many hours after, when we're both laying intertwined, I place my palm upon his cheek and place my forehead upon his, "Niall."

"Yes?" His blue eye shimmer and my stomach goes into knots.

"Promise me you'll always let me find you."

"I'll do you one better."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. I'll just never let you go."