32

" 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒐𝒌𝒂𝒚 "

" 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒐𝒌𝒂𝒚 "

I was tapping my foot on the wooden platform, the twins had tried to reassure me it was fine, but then taking bets from people about whether or not I'll die. Just fantastic. I looked over at Harry who was stressing about the where about of his two best friends. I had already figured out they were what he was looking for Ronald for him and Hermione for Viktor. I winced when I felt a strong pair of hands on my shoulder, 'just me' Blaise whispered making me grin, 'I'm guessing Pansy's missing?' Blaise furrowed his brows 'No, I just saw her why?' I whipped around, 'How is that-' She appeared next to us 'Hey' She was a lot more cheery than last night. But how was this possible?

I had assumed Pansy would be at the bottom of the lake for me, but she obviously wasn't, I frowned but got in my position ready to start. 'Welcome to the second task. Last night something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the black lake. In order to win each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough. Except for this, they will have one hour to do so and one hour only. After that they'll be on their own' Dumbledore's voice boomed from every direction, I closed my eyes tight and whispered 'scubacartus' I felt my veins start to urge for water, I needed to get in sooner or later. My breath was hitched in my throat and I couldn't breathe. Must have water.

'You may begin at the sound of the cannon' I was leaning forward a little desperate to feel the water desperate to stop the feeling I had. I felt like if I didn't touch the water I would die. boom. The cannon went off but I couldn't move,I felt a hand push me in and my senses came back to me as I hit the water sinking in deep. I was alive, I felt more alive than ever and now I had to go save what ever or who ever lay at the bottom of this lake. I swam deeper past Harry following Fleur into some plants.

I was just to the left of her when I heard her deadly scream I tried to swim towards her but there was too much light and I needed to get out. I swam out of the plants and turned back, but she was gone. She couldn't of been dead, it just wouldn't happen, Dumbledore wouldn't let it. I wasn't keen but I kept swimming towards wherever or whatever I was going to. I swam a bit further to see I was the second one there Cedric's person was gone. All that was left was Hermione, Ron, Fleur's little sister and, Draco. I felt my heart ache with pain, the idea he was the thing I cared about was ridiculous but I still had the urge to make sure he was okay and make sure I saved him. I shouldn't care about him but I did, so much.

Harry swum next to me and tried to reach for Hermione, one of the merpeople shouting at him, or more screeching. I shook my head realising I had to hurry and save him, Viktor then swam to the space in between us and took Hermione swiftly. I looked between Fleur's little sister, Draco and Harry. He and I both knew one of us would have to take her little sister back up. I didn't want to, I didn't care for Fleur therefore why should I take her sister but I wanted to do it to show people Harry wasn't always the perfect one. I nodded sharply blowing up the chains on both of them and letting Harry go. I tried my best to start swimming up but I felt a sharp claw grab at my leg. I screamed in pain and jerked down. I pushed Draco and the little girl up falling down into what could be death.

My vision was blotted, I couldn't see anything, that and I couldn't breathe. I had lost all concentration and was now going to die. I had my lips pursed but it was difficult when you have little mer-bastards scratching at you and trying to gouge your eyes out. I flailed my arms pushing them off and kicking a few more, I attempted swimming up but felt a yank, I was starting to lose my sight all over again. I kicked back hitting one of the monsters in the head. Hastily, I swam, moments later breaking the surface, cheers filling my ears. I was alive. I locked eyes with a sopping wet Draco, he smiled but I looked away. Not now, I couldn't deal with that smile now I was to busy thinking about how damn cold I was. Draco took my hands trying to help. 'you okay' I ignored him.

I clambered onto the platform laying down, Pansy quickly wrapping a towel around me, 'you acted like a Gryffindor' I laughed a hearty laugh 'I guess I did' I shivered and got closer to her. Fleur ran over kissing my cheek, then Harry's, Ron's and Draco's making me slightly jealous of his bright blush. 'You saved her all of you thank you, thank you' I nodded smiling showing her It was just fine. I looked at Harry and let a smile play at my lips, 'what saviours eh' He chuckled 'You did a good thing' I bit my lips, 'maybe but it was hell and I almost died because of it so not worth it' We both giggled and looked over at Dumbledore for the results. I didn't really care, I wasn't in to win only to stay alive. 'The winner is...Cedric Diggory!' We all cheered 'Joint second going to the Potter twins as they would of been first if they did not want to save miss delacour's sister as well as their own people for that they have second, third going to Krum and last to miss delacour' I grinned looking at Pansy 'second!' I screamed giggling and hugging her with joy. Second.

[A/N] happy birthday to Tom Felton and me !