Chapter 4: Hello Floor

Yawning and stretching her arms out wide, the small girl found herself tossing and turning on a large mattress. Blinking her eyes open she rubbed the sleep away from her eyes as she looked closer at the new world around her.

Seeing a plain room surrounding her, she was confused as the natural sunlight shone in through the window at the end of the bed.

The walls were white as the furniture was based on a simple light wood design. With nothing besides a bed and small table occupying the space with her she breathed deeply sitting up.

"Where am I?" She said in her sleepy haze.

Taking a few moments to let her body and mind wake up, she felt the events of last night pour back into her mind. As she took deep breathes the little girl took a rather closer look at the room she was in.

Accompanying the white walls and minimal furniture was a dresser with one of the bottom drawers left open. And from her bed she peered within it seeing it was empty.

"Great." She slumped her shoulders as she told herself quietly. "At least I got a bed." She said smiling as she plopped back down lavishing in the soft cushion that felt like a cloud.

Feeling the soft material of the blanket it was almost comforting. After so many cold nights on the hard floor she had completely forgot what it felt like to be warm. But not only that, she smiled partially happy enough to have a bed and place she can call a proper room.

She couldn't even remember what her old bedroom looked like at this point. There was a blank spot missing from her memory. She could remember her parents, no matter how hard she tried to forget, and her entire home. Except her bedroom.

Nothing bad happened to her that would've made her mind do it either. It was almost as if her brain didn't want her to be so upset over losing what was suppose to be her safe place, so it just removed it entirely.

With no other space to call her own she was glad with the dark stone walled cellar. At least it was where she could rest without much disruption.

As she shut her eyes again tightly against her soft pillow she didn't want to leave the bed. For as far as she knew, the woman who she had arrived with last night was still roaming around the house.

Along with whoever it was she was suppose to be meeting as well. And if they hadn't come to check on her yet, it was safe to say they weren't coming at all. While her bedroom door was shut the little girl did open her eyes one last time seeing something she missed before.

On the bedside table she saw a small note laid out neatly for her.

"Chores already?!" She complained to herself slamming the pillow down on her face trying to forget that she had seen it to begin with.

She would've convinced herself to ignore it and return back to her peaceful slumber but the horror of what might happen if they weren't done was enough motivation to sit her up and look at the note.

"Come downstairs when you wake up. I'd love for you to meet someone."

She read aloud scratching her head. "It wasn't chores?" Lost and confused as any could be she stood out of bed. Taking a long stretch as she mentally prepared herself for their first proper introduction the small girl could see outside the window.

While there was nothing but grassy hills surrounding a center pond, the land outside was breathtaking. The simplicity in the bright blue sky with its white cotton balls passing by every waking second of the day as the sweet breeze touched the tips of the dewy grassy fields. The water from the pond twinkled as she stared down at it.