Chapter 85: Evening Preparations

All morning long Lain had a smile plastered on her face. As each of the women and girls got ready for the day Lain had been mapping out the entire evening that she had in mind.

Being the first of her family to arrive downstairs Lain rushed into the kitchen to make some preparations. While she knew her girls needed to eat, she also didn't want them to have a large meal. Especially a meal at home. It would ruin their appetite for later.

Throwing in a few waffles before she plated them, Lain was constantly moving. And one-by-one her family started making their way down the steps. As the girls took their seats and gobbled up most of their waffles in one clean bite, the woman was still moving. Packing up some items she knew would last all day long, the woman couldn't wait to surprise her girls with the day she had in mind.

"What's for breakfast-" Nina clasped her hands as she walked down the stairs last. Not smelling anything from the stairway she couldn't even have taken a guess as to what was for breakfast.

But as soon as she reached the dining room where Faye, Lauren, and Kaila were eating their light meal Nina gasped. "Waffles?!" She complained. "Babe, where's our real breakfast? I don't want waffles. That's boring."

"Well sorry babe but that is breakfast. Just eat it. We'll have something better later." Lain said from the kitchen as she closed the lid to a decently sized cooler.

"Where are we going later?" Nina asked as she pouted while putting the waffle in her mouth.

"It's a surprise."

"Surprise place?!" Faye shouted jumping out of her seat. "Where mommy?" She asked. Thankfully for Lauren and Kaila, whose mouths were incredibly full, they didn't need to say a word as their wide eyes said it all.

"Look see now you've got the girls all excited." Lain looked to her wife with a raised eyebrow and puckered lip.

"What? How was I suppose to know this was going to be a surprise?"

"Because I didn't say where we were going earlier to you. I just told everyone to get ready. If it wasn't a surprise I would've said something then."

"Well...you know what...you could've just...yeah okay fine." The couple chuckled as Nina's attempt to fireback backfired against her.

"But mommy we wanna know." Lauren said swallowing the chunk in her mouth. She didn't want Lain to carry on with her preparations and drop the subject. She couldn't let her do that. At least, not until the girls had their answer.

"You will after breakfast. We'll leave in a few minutes after you girls finish all your food." Lain smirked as all her girls picked up their pace. Including Nina. Laughing until she caught her breathe Lain scolded her wife. "Stop eating so fast babe. You'll choke."

"I don't care. I want to find out where we're going." She grumbled out from behind her waffle as bits and pieces flew through her speech.

"Well stop that. Look." The woman pointed to their girls who were all copying Nina.

Nearly swallowing half of her waffle in full Nina painfully chewed until she cleared her mouth out. "You girls heard mommy. Quit eating so fast." She repeated.

"You did it." Lauren said as she readied herself to eat another piece of her waffle. But before she even had a chance to put it in her mouth, Lain had stepped in.

Cutting the girls waffles into smaller bite sized pieces she just laughed seeing Lauren pouting. "Now you can eat and I don't have to worry about you getting waffle caught in your throat." She said with a playful undertone to her serious message.