Chapter 17: Shocked

"Babe I think it's time we just tell them." Nina said causing both Kaila and Lauren's eyebrows to raise dramatically.

"Tell us what?" Kaila asked.

In her own mind, Lain sighed while she nodded. Looking to her wife apologetically she didn't mean for them to rush into anything.

Moving with anticipation and nerves the two girls sitting between the women were scared of what secret they've been keeping from them this entire time.

"Do you want me to say it?" Nina offered seeing how Lain couldn't even bring herself to look at the girls.

She shook her head putting a finger up. She just needed an extra second to collect all her thoughts before anything else. Taking a few deep and calming breathes she looked up at their eager eyes.

"So..." she began already feeling her own nerves building up. She didn't want to say anything wrong that would make the girls afraid or want to leave. Cleaning her throat, Lain was doing everything she could to procrastinate. But that could only last so long.

Kaila and Lauren looked as if they were on the verge of pulling their hairs out from how long the build up felt.

Taking a glance at her wife, Nina sent Lain a smirk filled with confidence. With another deep breathe she began. "Nina and I are caregivers." She said.

"Caregivers?" Lauren repeated back. "So you take care of people?" She asked.

"That's right honey." Nina praised. "We do take care of people. But it's what kind of people thats what makes this so secret." She said wiggling her eyebrows playfully making the girls giggle softly.

"What kind of people?" Kaila looked at her.

But Nina looked towards Lain. She could see the nervous look on her wife's face, but hidden behind all the nerves and fright it was apparent how badly Lain wanted to be the one to tell them.

"We take care of littles." She said this time with more confidence. Now that the conversation had picked up some speed she didn't feel the same body smashing pressure collapsing on her shoulders.

"Are we little?" Lauren asked causing the two women to chuckle.

"Well that's up to you." Lain said adding to Lauren's confusion.

"How?" The girls both asked simultaneously.

"How about we explain what it is first and then you two can make a decision." Lain said as the two girls nodded their heads looking at her intently.

Already content with her contribution to the explanation, Lain looked towards Nina for the rest of it. She already knew her wife was going to be better at it than she was. But apart of her knew she was going to regret it later if she hadn't said a single word and let Nina do it all. At least now she got the conversation going.

"So a little is a submissive who acts younger than their actual age." Nina said without a second thought. While she knew it was going to be new information it had to be said sooner or later.

Kaila tilted her head. "Is Faye little?"

Both women nodded.

"She acts like how we did in school?" Lauren asked. But unlike before, the women shook their heads.

"When I said younger, I meant younger. Faye doesn't act like just any school aged girl, she normally acts like a preschooler if anything. She adores playing outside in the yard, making messes, oh yeah and coloring like you Laur." Nina said.

Hearing that made the girls ponder. "Why does she do it?" Lauren asked.

"Because it's comforting for her." Lain answered as both heads came flying her way. "Some people meditate, other people do calming activities, but for Faye being little is an escape. When she's little she can forget about all her big girl responsibilities and troubles. It's when she can be free and fully relaxed."