Chapter 79: And Then There Were Three

As morning time came around so did the brothers time to pack their bags. With their trip being more stressful than anticipated, the brothers couldn't have been more thrilled to get back to their own lives.

While they didn't bring much with them, the boys were lucky enough to have bought enough outfits from the mall to last them a week. Packing it all up inside of their cars, the brothers were upstairs coloring with Kaila and Lauren while Faye was downstairs jumping around the place as the couple made the brothers breakfast.

Cooking up a plate of omelets, sausage, and sweet potato Lain and Nina had a side dish they knew the brothers would enjoy. A cake.

"Faye, why don't you run upstairs to tell them the food is ready." Nina said as the little girl bounced her way upstairs playing with her stuffed gingerbread man in hand.

"Are you excited for today?" Nina heard her wife ask from behind as she looked puzzled at the floor.

"I don't know." She sighed. "Is it bad of me for being happy that they're leaving?"

Chuckling Lain shook her head as she walked over pressing her lips up against her wife's. "No, it just means we get more alone time now." Lain said against her wife's chest before the rumbling of footsteps emerged from behind them.

"I smell something baking!" Nick clapped his hands as he skipped alongside Kaila. "What do you got baking in the oven?" He inhaled deeply trying to savor the sweet smell of the baked good.

"You'll find out later." His sister said.

Sighing Nick rolled his eyes as he made his plate of food instead.

"It looks delicious." Nelson complimented as he walked over grabbing a plate as well.

As the brothers made their own food Nina had picked Kaila up off the floor as she turned her back against the others before checking her little girls morning diaper. Seeing they were still in the clear, the woman proceeded to make her baby's plate along with a bottle.

While Nina handled Kaila, Lain made both Lauren and Faye's plates.

With breakfast running smoothly, the family all sat together at the dinning room table enjoying their last meal together.

After breaking news of the brothers departure to the girls, the brothers and couple had to hold back their own tears as the little girls erupted in emotions. Their time with Nina's brothers was short lived, and yet they still built a bond they weren't going to forget.

"Stay please Uncle Nicky!" Lauren cried into Nick's arm as she tried to tug his chair closer to hers.

"I wish I could, but you heard your mommy's. Uncle Nicky's got to go back home."

"It's home here."

"Oh I know, but this is your home. Not mines. Maybe someday I'll tell your mama she can bring you and your sissy's to my place." He offered instead.

"Really?" She looked at him with a twinkle in her eyes.

"Mhm. You can meet my soon to be wife and play out by the lake near our house. It'll be fun!"

"Can we have pool party there?" Faye sat on her knees as she eagerly asked from across the table.

"Why not?" He shrugged before seeing two pairs of disagreeing eyes staring back at him. "On second thought, we may have to see about that pool party Faye."

"Why?!" She whined.

"Because...sharks." He excused awkwardly with a grin as the little girl shrunk in her seat quietly trying not to imagine the largest shark in the world appearing in the same water she would be in.

My Life My RulesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara