Chapter 75: The Trust We Hold

"Stay by the car please Lauren." Nina said as she grabbed ahold of the little girl who nearly bolted out of the car as soon as they arrived at the mall.

Bouncing on the tips of her toes while she waited for everyone else, Lauren couldn't hide her excitement. While Lain unbuckled Faye, Nina was in the midst of unlatching Kaila's restraint when the small girl tapped the woman's chest.

"Yes sweetheart?" She asked as she popped the restraint off of Kaila's shoulders.

"Carry?" She asked with a trembling lip.

"No baby, not here. But you can hold mama's hand."

"No. Wanna be carried. Please mama." The girl begged.

But Nina only shook her head. "As soon as we finish up here, mama will pick you up. For now I need you to be a big girl and walk for me."

Whimpering as she stepped out of the car, Kaila immediately snatched the woman's hand. Too terrified to even think about letting go.

As Nina rubbed her thumb against the back of Kaila's hand reassuringly, the woman saw Lain had both Lauren and Faye in her hands while her brothers were talking on the side.

"Lead the way." Lain playfully smirked as she gestured for Nina to lead the group.

While the couple listened to Faye rambling about what new things she wanted to look for, every time a stranger passed Kaila by, the little girl gripped so tight onto Nina's hand that it caused the woman's fingers to go purple.

"Can you loosen up princess? You're hurting mama." She asked as Kaila reluctantly eased up on her grip and instead forced her body as close as possible to Nina's.

Entering the large two story building with lights and sounds from both the people and stores that surround them, Lauren was in awe. It had been so long since she had seen anything like this. To say she was excited would be an understatement.

While every inch of the mall was covered by people coming and going from store to store, the large windows that displayed the various items sold within the shops grabbed Lauren's attention completely.

Especially one in particular.

Located right near the entrance of the mall stood a shop with big and small stuffed animals alike on pedestals. Some were dressed in clothes and other in accessories. The different colors and types of animals seemed entrancing.

From dragons to teddy bears there were many different creatures to choose from. It seemed as if every color was on display. From vibrant pink to classic brown the possibility was endless.

"Mommy, can we go in there?!" Lauren asked while pointing to the store as Faye eagerly nodded in agreement.

"If we get all of our shopping done first then we can stop by there." The tan woman conditioned.

"And laser tag!" Nick shouted from behind.

Chuckling at his youthful essence Lain turned to her girls. "And after a game of laser tag."

"That's so long." Faye pouted.

"I don't think it's going to be that long honey, we just need to grab a few things. And what did you guys come for?" Nina asked as she turned to face her brothers that were lacking behind everyone and who were still deep into their own conversation.

"Hm?" Nelson was caught off guard. "Oh, Nick and I just wanted to pick out some new clothes. Seems like forever since I've had a change of style."

"What do you guys think about splitting up then? We can go get our things while you guys get yours and we can all meet back up at the laser tag center." Lain suggested knowing it would cut their shopping time in half and her girls could get their treat sooner.