Chapter 71: Distinct

Letting the twins settle into their home, Nina and Lain took their girls up into their room for a private chat of their own.

"Why do they have to stay?" Faye asked as she jumped onto the couples bed with her arms crossed.

Sighing the women placed the other two girls at her side as they stood in front of them. "Because mama hasn't seen her brothers in a long time and she wants some time to catch up with them." Lain answered for Nina.

"They scary." Lauren said truthfully.

"Why do you say that Laur?" Nina asked with a frown.

Shrugging her shoulders the girl didn't have any specific reasons not to like the twins besides the fact that they were new. That fact alone was scary enough. The fear of not knowing their intentions was mind consuming.

"Well I can assure you, my brothers are the softest guys you girls will ever meet. Nicky's always been a goofball, and Nelson can be stuck up sometimes but it's always in the best possible way."

Keeping their arms crossed Faye and Lauren didn't seem impressed.

"What do you think Kaila?" Nina turned to her littlest in hopes of getting a positive incentive from her. Both Faye and Lauren stared at Kaila waiting to see who's side she would be on.

And as the little girl pondered the idea herself she came to shake her head.

"You girls know mommy and I would never put you in a position where you can get hurt. This is no different. My brothers are fun, I promise. Just give them a chance." Nina pleaded.

"Hm...can we get ice cream after?" Faye asked with a smile.

Rolling her eyes, Lain couldn't believe her girls. "If you try and give them a chance then sure. We can all go out for ice cream tonight."

"Yay!" The three little ones celebrated as they accepted their end of the bargain.

"They're certainly your girls, babe." Lain laughed as her wife gasped.

"There's nothing wrong with being a foodie! Isn't that right girls?!" Nina looked towards her girls for backup which they all graciously nodded in approval.

After sharing a laugh the small family upstairs made their way back down where the brothers were surely making themselves at home as they were in the kitchen preparing everyone some dinner.

"What're you guys making? It smells delicious." Lain curiously walked over following the trail of the colorful aroma.

"And she didn't think she's a foodie too." Her wife rolled her eyes as the three girls giggled before running off into the living room to play for the time being.

"Something mom used to make for us as kids." Nelson replied as he went between frying different types of vegetables in two separate pans, occasionally pushing Nickolas out of his way.

"Nelson seriously?!" His brother said annoyed as his eyes stayed fixated on the phone in his hands. "I'm standing here."

"We'll then move Nick. You're in my way, I'm trying to cook here."

"I was standing here first!"

"No, I'm pretty sure the stove was here first. You just so happen to be standing in front of it."

"Seriously do you two ever stop bickering." Nina rolled her eyes.

While her wife was growing impatient from their constant bickering, Lain hummed in sweet memory. "Just like the good old times." She chuckled.